Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: secretive mood  (Read 573 times)

phalantas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
secretive mood
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:30:20 pm »

my weaponsmith entered a secretive mood, and want square blocks, stacked leather and shining bars of metal. I'm figuring this means stone blocks, leather and metal. I have insane amounts of metal, 5 stacks of leather and 6 blocks, why wont he make me some goodly weapons?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: secretive mood
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 05:32:59 pm »

Hi!

In that case, I suggest checking his profile page. It may be that you have one of the rare cases where the dwarf insists on getting his favorite metal or stone. I haven't witnessed them myself, but word has it that they are possible.

Let's just hope it is something you can easily get. Good luck!

Deathworks

phalantas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 05:36:31 pm »

HOLY CRAP, that was a fast reply  :o
I had one of those on my previous fortress, but then it was stated in the {q} menu, will give it a try tough, his favorite metal is pig iron... god I hope thats not what he is after.. that would make a shitty artifact

UPDATE: this seems to be working :D he went straight for the pig iron bar the second it was completed
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:41:02 pm by phalantas »

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:40:54 pm »

Make sure its Stone blocks to, had this problem when i used wooden blocks because there was so much of it, when i then built a stone block he used it and made a artifact.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

phalantas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 05:44:52 pm »

Make sure its Stone blocks to, had this problem when i used wooden blocks because there was so much of it, when i then built a stone block he used it and made a artifact.

No need, it worked, Melbil Nishrodim has begun a mysterious construction.
Not sure about how I feel about this.. first I had my armorer make a pig iron low boot, and now this..

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:47:15 pm »

I feel you man, I feel you.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned