Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaim  (Read 901 times)

Snuffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Reclaim
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:43:42 am »

Ok so um, I just started playing about a week ago. I've been watching Captain Duck's instructional videos on Youtube.

The thing is, I've had a real hard time finding a location that really really works for me, you know?

But I did! After like, a dozen or so worlds, I finally found one that  had a location that worked for me, which I really liked.

But I forgot to bring along an axe.

And my Tree Cutter just glared at me.

No problem right? Just abandoned the fort and went back in for another go.

But now that location is occupied in the world by the fort that I abandoned.

I WANT TO BUILD THERE AGAIN.

;3 Please help.

-Snuffles

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaim
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:47:35 am »

I do believe if you are to search the menu bar on the bottom while scrolling through the world, there is a new feature called reclaim which I think is the u key. Now note that doing a reclaim is a bit different, as each individual dwarf can only specialize in two options in the list. These are general categories, so one skill might account for no-name miner and mason.

Also, be prepared for weird stuff happening like monsters in magma pipes and such suddenly doubling in number or starting with 40 dwarves. Just some little oddities with reclaiming. Also, everybody starts out recruited.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Snuffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:35 am »

Yeah, I played around with that. It sucks. Isn't there some way in which I could just remove that fort from the world, thus clearing the tiles it was on?

-Snuffles

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 01:11:32 am »

I do believe you can search legends for the seed and parameters to regenerate the world, but once a site is down it stays there. At least, for now. For all we know this could be one of the things included in the save-breaking in the next version.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Snuffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 01:22:00 am »

;3 How might I be doing that?

-Snuffles

Snuffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:47:28 am »

That is to say, how do I lookup this world's seed?

-Snuffles

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 01:50:52 am »

I actually don't know. Mess about with Legends mode, I'm sure you will find it.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 02:04:52 am »

Reclaim isn't perfect, but you should be able to get by. You won't get to start with very skilled dwarves, but the free armor and weapons make up for it (make everyone an axeman) You should be able to unrecruit everyone and give them wood chopping, so they'll go armed. If you reclaim right after abandoning, you shouldn't have much, or any, monsters in the fort.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:37 am »

Okay, abandon the fort, then go to 'Start playing,' and hit Legends. From there, you can press [p] to get it to export the map and gen info, like the seeds for history, map, and all that...
Then go and gen a new world with parameters, and plug in the specs like size and all the seeds and wala (or some equivalent exclaimation)!
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

Snuffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 02:39:09 am »

Oh golly gee, but that Snuffles fellow sure is dense ;3.

Thanks for the help.

Equivalent?

Gross.

-Snuffles