Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Futile Designs I  (Read 15406 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Futile Designs I
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2009, 01:42:40 am »

Don't want to go too much farther without Rash chiming in since he is preoccupied with the kobold, but we'll go with this:

Update 5:

Teshil goes forward, and finds that the hallway goes much farther than I can say in this update.

Ano goes back, and finds a door at the end of the hallway to the left of the room.

Rash hears Hok from the room.

Eriw remains unknownish.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2009, 01:57:40 am »

Ano carefully opens the door, ready to sprint back to the group if need be.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2009, 02:03:35 am »

I follow the group at top speed to catch up. Also if I don't post by teh time of an update assume I do that, k?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 02:05:37 am »

I'll do that, though you may want to say who your preferred person to follow in the event that happens is. We're likely going to have a case of different people going in different directions.
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2009, 02:08:03 am »

I follow Ano, usually, because bowmen need protection.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2009, 02:11:03 am »

I'm off to bed, so Eriw will continue to hide until it i safe to leave. He'll then follow behind discretely. If found, he runs wherever he can.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 02:14:00 am »

I am actually going to bed myself in a few minutes, but in case you're not around when I start updating this tomorrow, I will take it into account.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2009, 02:20:39 am »

I am a highly successful very busy businessman (not true) who might have to do something tomorrow morning (true), so if I can't be here when the turns start again, Ano will probably try to meet up with the rest of the group. If he meets a dwarf, he will be friendly.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2009, 02:36:30 am »

Hok, knowing his companion is rather cowardice in character, decides to follow Ano in the alternate hall, as long hallways do not bode well for him and his knives.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 09:35:35 am »

"Why's everyone leaving me? ...Fine! Go. Jerk." Teshil continues down the hall slowly, looking for traps or anything that might bode ill for her.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 05:25:18 pm »

Rash walks over to Eriw and attempts to hall him to his feet.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 06:12:59 pm »

So, where was I? Oh yes...

Update 6:

As Ano pushes on the door absolutely nothing happens. There is +dwarven graffiti+ on the door. Ano sees two words. One he can't make out at all, but the other he knows in passing from looking at toys that have come from the mountainhomes to his town. It says "DANGER: _______". He can tell the other word is in all caps as well. Ano rolled awesomely on his search though, and strangely enough his hand stumbled upon a brick that is likely the opening trigger for the door. Shoneth and Hok are there to congratulate him, or not.

Rash, unfortunately, fails miserably to pick the kobold up. (I have no idea how the highest number can be rolled one time, and the lowest in the same round...) Fortunately, Rash fails to break his back in the attempt. Eriw manages quite a convincing death pose.

Teshil finds a rock that looks like it might be a pressure plate. Teshil's memory about pressure plates is very good. She knows that no good can generally come of them. She has the option of stepping around it if she so chooses. Also, Teshil remembers that she knows a little dwarven, after hearing Hok.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 06:16:19 pm »

Ano heads back to where Rash is to ask him to read the Dwarven writing. If he meets any of the others on his way back, he explains the situation to them.

(Also, did I spot a pressure plate, or a lever or something? I'm not sure what you mean about the brick.)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »

Well I had typed that part up in wordpad so I would remember the rolls come today, and I forgot once I had said pressure plate to go back and justify the two discoveries to the same terms. So yeah, it's basically a pressure plate put into the side of the wall that is sort of very well hidden. You only discovered it because you rolled the highest number possible.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2009, 07:19:59 pm »

Hmm. I should probably be worried.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12