Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greenhouses  (Read 720 times)

van

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Greenhouses
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:36 pm »

I'm trying to construct an underground greenhouse for all my above-ground plant needs...but when I channel out an area and construct rough chalk floors above it the area beneath it is "indoors" will light still get through for my strawberries?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greenhouses
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:42:49 pm »

It should, but you can always build the farm under it and find out.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:32:04 pm »

As of the current version artificial floors do not block light, so you can have aboveground farms built underground as long as there is an artificial floor above them.  I like to use green glass for my farm roof, just for effect, but any material will work just as well.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:35:28 pm »

If you look at tiles with only constructions as a roof, they are described as "inside  light  above ground."  The inside tag is irrelevant.  After all, you are not in a subterranean area if you are standing in the first floor of an above ground structure, are you?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember