Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815878 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR! Update! Direct Hit for Soldier!
« Reply #1590 on: December 16, 2009, 05:02:03 am »

I'm going to like this. Although it will make soldiers who can already take out people in two hits even more of gods on the battlefield. Unless the reduced splash range makes the knockback less and thus prevents people from being launched in the air so the soldier can hit you again with no chance of retaliation, this might get overpowered.

CUVILIAN!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:05:28 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR! Update! Close Combat Kit for Demo!
« Reply #1591 on: December 16, 2009, 06:27:19 am »

Heh, I have no problem dodging arrows, I'm not going to have a problem dodging that silly thing. I hope...

Edit: This guy makes a lot of sense.

Or

"I will put my boot so far up your ass it will be on the news"
in the comic.
With the newspaper having a boot print on it.

Edit:Spelling/grammar stuff up
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:33:28 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Do you think the soldiers name is a reference to Josh Whedons Firefly? The manliest character having a girls name?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR! Update! Close Combat Kit for Demo!
« Reply #1593 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:01 am »

Edit: This guy makes a lot of sense.
There's also the newspaper for the crafting update: "Will science end the war?" with a picture of the engineer, who has apparently proclaimed himself to be "science".

Maybe the crafting system will be released, and the soldier/demoman will just build themselves new weapons instead of fighting for them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Do you think the soldiers name is a reference to Josh Whedons Firefly? The manliest character having a girls name?
John Doe is used as a placeholder for a male name that is unknown damn near everywhere.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

damn ninjad
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

John Doe is used as a placeholder for a male name that is unknown damn near everywhere.
You missed the point though, the door said "Jane Doe".

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

And with the soldier being the soldier, he used the female version.

Though using one of the less common ones would have been funny though, i believe John and Jane Roe are used as well, as are a couple others.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile

I guess every language has one of those. (Dutch: Jan de Vries)
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Man, that guy was a DICK!

He decides to wage a one-man war against me! Just because i have a few less points than him!

(And dominates me, likely because of the HUGE amounts of help he got :/ That, and the whole, he changes to my counter as soon as he sees me dealy)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Oh relax, first of all it was funny and second of all...
Well, maybe you were just in his way.

The alltalk became eerily silent after you died, though, you talk more than my girlfriend, and whenever she breathes, words come along with it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I talk alot more.

It came to a head in L4D2 when I almost got kicked out because I talk about whatever, and they just wanted to play the game, not have a conversation except for when a witch or jockey or whatever appears.

So, I quieted down...

And talk just as much as before when I'm NOT playing with these guys! :D

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

I guess every language has one of those. (Dutch: Jan de Vries)
Arabic has Fulan to describe any anonimous person. Although it seems to be pronounced Flan here.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Haha, I almost started stalking Naxza for a second.
But that would have been creepy!

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile

If the Direct Hit's reduced blast range will mean the soldier can't rocketjump or juggle peopl, it's likely one of his other new weapons will be able to chuck people up in the air.

This or soldiers will probably start teaming up with airblasting pyros to get aerial mini-crits.
Benzene on steam.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 774