Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 816003 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Friendship ends in one day" Demodier/Solman update coming!
« Reply #1410 on: December 10, 2009, 10:02:55 pm »

I damn man, Valve is insane.  I wonder how many people are going to die.

GO SOLIDERRR

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Friendship ends in one day" Demodier/Solman update coming!
« Reply #1411 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04:45 pm »

Yea but generally newer players go soldier until they learn the basic game rules.  Making such players easy points for the demonan's maggoty explodies.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:34 pm »

Yea but generally newer players go soldier until they learn the basic game rules.  Making such players easy points for the demonan's maggoty explodies.
You quoteth nonsense! Everyone knows newbies only choose medic / pyro / heavy.

Edit: I always wondered what the soldier actually uses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Definitely an RPG isn't it? But why is the ultrapatriotic soldier using a last century soviet weapon?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 10, 2009, 10:11:39 pm »

Some people say Soldier is the tutorial for becoming the Demoman. To these people I say:

I need not say anything. All that needs to be said already has.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 10, 2009, 10:16:25 pm »

I'm not sure if I want the Soldier to get the extra weapon; the 4th Demo weapon may be what makes me want to start playing it more. The 4th Soldier weapon might be like the Razorback; I'll never use it.

But I play Soldier better right now, so I'd probably kill more Demos as Soldier than Soldiers as Demo during this week.

Are there "achievement" servers for this update up yet? As in, demo + soldier only or something like that?

Regardless, I am quite excited.

[PPE:] Umi speaks the truth; new players don't play Soldier too much. I know I didn't start playing Soldier until months after I started playing TF2. It's grown on me since then. But demo has a harder learning curve. Due to there being a curve in its weapons.

[PREDICTION:] They'll give both classes the extra 4th weapon. I'm hoping for this.

I really am excited. The only time I've gotten this excited in the past several years is for TF2 updates. I love this game.

Well. DF too, I guess.

[PPE2:] Soldier doesn't train for Demo. I guess it teaches you to time things, which both classes need, but the curve in the Demo's weapons at various points of charging can't be learned by playing Soldier.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1415 on: December 10, 2009, 10:17:06 pm »

True, Soldiers need help. But Demos just arent OP enough

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:37 pm »

A defensive Demo can be rather funny on 2Fort by plopping stickies on the grate at the entrance to your own side. If people don't wise up and go through the sewers, it can be quite amusing to just sit there as people make the same mistake over and over again. Sentries are probably more effective though, I suppose.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 10, 2009, 10:23:48 pm »

I hope they give pyro the last weapon just to screw with the rest of you.

Bahahaha!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 10, 2009, 10:33:22 pm »

I hope they give pyro the last weapon just to screw with the rest of you.

Bahahaha!

That would be hilarious.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1419 on: December 10, 2009, 11:57:55 pm »

Demoman is going to win.
This is because only the people with skill play them, and most new players play Soldier.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:12 am »

I will just watch with my popcorn for now. THe snipers are the true winners,as many people will be demoman or soldier
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:28:46 am by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 11, 2009, 12:21:24 am »

While I'm on the job, those Demomen are going on the road to becoming slurry!

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 11, 2009, 12:43:29 am »

Road slurry. This is confirmed.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:11 am »

Whoever wins, I lose. I never play as soldier or demoman.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR! Update coming! Choose your sides, the war is on!
« Reply #1424 on: December 11, 2009, 03:48:39 am »

Aaagh! I like both of them, what will I do? Will I fight for the "Demo is OP!" people to prevent him from getting a new weapon or will I fight for the better and funner character to win? Will I play with Demo which I'm better at, or Soldier which I have more hours on? Will I beat the other side to death with a shovel or tha bottle o' scrumpy?

The bottle it is! Soldiers, you might have twice the eyes, but after we cyclopses are done with you, there'll be ten of yours lying on the battleground for every one of ours!

Also, the release date is the 17th.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 774