Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 811174 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #11205 on: September 12, 2015, 06:55:17 pm »

SD is basically YOUR FACE.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: October 06, 2015, 08:33:52 pm »

Spoiler: Update (click to show/hide)

It seems ok.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11207 on: October 06, 2015, 08:56:28 pm »

Yeah it looks good. My current connection has abysmal rubberbanding, but the new modes look good. Any idea about the stats on the new weapons?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: October 06, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure they're all reskins since it doesn't list any stats whatsoever.

It's so bizarre they're releasing it this early in October, and it's just my luck that the update hits while I'm sleeping. I'll have to check it out once I get back from work in the morning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: October 07, 2015, 04:26:59 am »

H Y P E
Y
P
E

not really tho im still more hype for matchmaking

E:
oh and im also apparently on an hl team now
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:36:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: October 07, 2015, 04:57:29 am »

0/10 no actual aliens.

In all seriousness, this is no different to End of the Line. Community update, a map or two, cosmetics, and a reskin of existing weapons that are only craftable with custom blueprints, or found in a crate. Some good ideas, but the update seems sparse in comparison to Gun Mettle.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:47 am »

Bah, I hoped for more contracts. Gave me something to come back to twice a week.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: October 07, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

Here's my initial first impressions of each map:

Probe: Messy design. WROOOM WROOOM WROOOM You better get used to hearing that because no matter where you are the ambient noise from the UFO is gonna be loud and distracting.

Byre: You know why the Arena gamemode died? Because it sucked and everyone hated it. It's no exception here, nobody likes dying and then having to wait an indefinite amount of time for a new round.

2fort: To be honest I didn't even play any BooFort, but I don't think I have to to conclude that it's crap.

Watergate: Is this like robot destruction? What's with these liquor bottles we're picking up? What's happening here, why is everything just a cluster♥♥♥♥ everywhere?? WE ARE IN THE BEAM! WE ARE IN THE BEAM! WE ARE IN THE BEAM!

I hate all the new maps. 0/10 for maps, Invasion Update.

There's a running theme between all of the maps that no matter what, there's gonna be irritating UFO noises and distracting ambient sounds all the time, making it hard to concentrate on actually fighting. This is honestly my biggest beef, I just hate having to hear anything outside the players and the Administrator, and this weird announcer shouting about the BEAM quickly got under my nerves.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »

2fort is a crappy map, but fun.

i dont like the explosive pumpkin right by spawn 1 -> courtyard, though.

probe isn't too bad except for the part where there's only one medkit that isnt miles away from mid.

watergate is a spin on the sd gamemode, i dont know why anybody made it, sd is a shitty mode, nobody liked it, yet valve decided to make it last years halloween reskin and released another map of it. i just don't know, it's the worst mode ever conceived.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: October 07, 2015, 04:15:10 pm »

I think with pd_watergate they were mimicking DM servers more than anything. The beam in the middle is sort of like that doomsday map, but the health mechanics of the liquor bottles seem very similar to DM, and the mode is called "player destruction". In a DM server or mode you typically gain full health and loaded ammo on kill, and regenerate health after not taking damage from another player after some time (and also has random spawns in the center of the map). It's not a serious mode, but something people use to practice before a match. The bottles seemed to do sort of the same thing regarding regenerating health, plus making everyone a walking dispenser. But yeah, unfortunately the map is too much of a clusterfuck to enjoy, and amassing bottles causes the same sort of stupid crap you see with eyelander demoknights in most pubs (but on every class), so it'll probably never see another map.

I would say this update's better than end of the line and worse than gun mettle. I crash on connection to the 2fort map, but I haven't seen any horrible bugs yet otherwise. "Oh no, I can't play 2fort, whatever will I do instead!?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: October 07, 2015, 04:34:47 pm »

Tbh gun mettle is one of my favorite updates of all time. It made so many desperately needed balance changes, just amazing. Made the game much more enjoyable.
That said, it's not hard to beat quite a few updates, such as pyro "pyro doesn't even get the most new stuff unless you want to wear an ugly cosmetic" mania.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: October 07, 2015, 04:44:07 pm »

H Y P E
Y
P
E

E:
oh and im also apparently on an hl team now

hype for matchmaking

matchmaking

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzQZ7A04TM
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: October 08, 2015, 12:37:34 pm »

...Matchmaking is coming.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:12 pm »

Apparently INVASION UPDATE is out
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 774