Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 810945 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #11070 on: July 21, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »

In one of Muselk's, I think, favorite sayings: Sentries get kills, but teleporters win games.

Also, hardscoping isn't THAT good in TF2 either. It's viable, but there's many situations where it's not very desirable. Most classes can be killed by an uncharged headshot in one hit, and you are much more mobile while not scoped. Maybe that just comes from my playstyle as aggressive sniper, I don't like waiting for kills, seeking them out is much more fun :P

E: tbh, I massively enjoy pyro/solly duels when neither gets the jump on the other.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:22:04 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: July 21, 2015, 01:24:28 pm »

The aiming requirement in TF2 is much higher than in CS:GO. A good sniper in TF2 will be a great sniper in CS:GO, and a great sniper in TF2 is Godlike in CS:GO.

But CS:GO is more about tactics, positioning, and teamwork than it is about the tactile skills of aiming when literally every person has an automatic rifle and/or a sniper rifle that one-shots when hitting any part of the body.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: July 21, 2015, 02:47:26 pm »

The aiming requirement in TF2 is much higher than in CS:GO. A good sniper in TF2 will be a great sniper in CS:GO, and a great sniper in TF2 is Godlike in CS:GO.

But CS:GO is more about tactics, positioning, and teamwork than it is about the tactile skills of aiming when literally every person has an automatic rifle and/or a sniper rifle that one-shots when hitting any part of the body.

The issue with CS:GO is that missing a sniper shot is an issue when using the more powerful bolt-actions, as the enemy can easily retaliate while you're putting the next bullet in the chamber. If you miss a shot as a TF2 sniper at long-range, you'll probably be fine because the none of the other 8 classes have that same long-range power as the Sniper. In CS, a missed shot whittles down your chances of surviving an encounter because of how hard your enemy can 'soundwhore' in the game, allowing them to more easily track you down even if you're at a distance.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: July 22, 2015, 12:38:04 am »

In one of Muselk's, I think, favorite sayings: Sentries get kills, but teleporters win games.

Also, hardscoping isn't THAT good in TF2 either. It's viable, but there's many situations where it's not very desirable. Most classes can be killed by an uncharged headshot in one hit, and you are much more mobile while not scoped. Maybe that just comes from my playstyle as aggressive sniper, I don't like waiting for kills, seeking them out is much more fun :P

E: tbh, I massively enjoy pyro/solly duels when neither gets the jump on the other.
Some people seem to be unaware of the fact that the enemy can easily tell where you are aiming if you are hardscoping on a chokepoint, and that as a *support* class you don't really have to always shoot to kill. There's really no point in headshotting a medic who is getting rushed by your team, for example. He's too fast to reliably hit with headshots anyways.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: July 24, 2015, 07:07:00 am »

Yesterday's patch has quietly eliminated two hacks: Nospread and silent aim.

Reddit source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/3effpb/nospread_and_psilent_silent_aim_have_been_patched/

This is an excellent win for actual skill everywhere. Valve is prepping TF2 for Matchmaking and they're cleaning house of all the hackers that are poisoning the game for everyone else. They still need to eliminate the real big ones, those being aimbot and triggerbots, but this is an awesome start.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:08:44 am by JoshuaFH »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: July 24, 2015, 11:08:19 am »

Well, a tiny consolation prize for my inability to play!

The key price dropped to 15.77 ref in the past week or so. I am now worth about 6 keys.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: July 24, 2015, 11:30:31 am »

* Descan buys Iceblaster, hups him into my basement.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:01 am »

Reddit source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/3effpb/nospread_and_psilent_silent_aim_have_been_patched/

This is an excellent win for actual skill everywhere. Valve is prepping TF2 for Matchmaking and they're cleaning house of all the hackers that are poisoning the game for everyone else. They still need to eliminate the real big ones, those being aimbot and triggerbots, but this is an awesome start.
This is beyond amazing

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: July 24, 2015, 01:29:58 pm »

* Descan buys Iceblaster, hups him into my basement.

b-but basements are dark and scary

Seeing as i can't do much TF2, I've decided to look at trading and such. Because I have a valuable backpack, relatively speaking :P

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:38 pm »

A bit further down some of the comments show lmaobox has already been updated and works again. So pretty neat for the 15 hours it lasted, I guess. What is 'silent aim' anyway? Just an aimbot?

It's practically impossible to keep up with 3rd party hacks like this, especially with TF2's dwindling resources, and I'm surprised Valve even bothered. I just wish I could still play with 120 FOV, but no, that's also considered cheating.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:13 pm »

silent aim is basically console-ish autoaim where aiming within N degrees (configurable) of the head will register as a headshot

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: July 24, 2015, 09:45:20 pm »

I thought the idea was that silent aim is when the player shoot invisible bullets where their model isn't looking st.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: July 24, 2015, 10:08:34 pm »

Yeah, that's what I said

I guess console-ish auto aim also includes auto-tracking, which is a different hack AFAIK

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: July 26, 2015, 01:55:40 am »

Tbh hackers would be far less annoying if they weren't pocketed by unrelated medics on the enemy team and votekicks against them actually worked.

E:
I have to get reflect kills for a pyro contract, but apparently it works ONLY for normal solly rockets. pills/dh rockets/sentry rockets/etc dont seem to work :/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:22:27 am by miauw62 »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:23 pm »

Does anyone here play around the Oceanic region?

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 774