Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 810736 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 war-themed hat simulator!
« Reply #10905 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:20 am »

a good DR spy shouldn't be grabbing ammo anyways, since a good pyro will set the ammo places on fire.
A good pyro would set all the places on fire. :p
The best Pyro would burn both teams.
The greatest pyro would burn the game disc during gameplay. get it? burn a disc? punny.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #10906 on: July 02, 2015, 01:27:47 am »

Update time!

The Gun Mettle Update!

Apparently Valve borrowed a few pages from CS:GO and introduced a bunch of systems people are going crazy over to TF2. The paint jobs aren't that exciting to me, but the contract books looked really fun in CS:GO. Some additional goals to give you rewards while playing the normal game sounds pretty good to me. Though there is the 6 dollar price tag that is pretty high considering how much I don't play TF2. Especially when it sounds like it only goes on for 3 months.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I'm a bit late it seems.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 01:41:29 am by LASD »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 war-themed hat simulator!
« Reply #10907 on: July 02, 2015, 01:32:42 am »

Ah... Though looking over spy changes...

I feel like they nerfed the dead ringer a bit too much. Until I see it in gameplay, I will see it as a nerf. I mean, it just feels like they took complaints about it and nerfed it. The -50 cloak on feign death and no ammo pickup while cloaked is the main thing I'm looking at. Maybe I'm too newb and rely on it a lot, but I like to play a spy that is more a harassment more than an effctive thing(though i do be effective sometimse), sooo I dunno.
Meh.  The dead ringer made revealed spies feel safe.  That never should have been the case.  It was meant as a mindgames tool but no one uses it like that.  I can't count the times I got a single pistol hit on a spy and he fell over dead.  And I just walked away, because there was no possible way I was going to kill him.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: July 02, 2015, 03:50:44 am »

Yeah, DR was just a "get out of jail free card".
The spy effectively DIED, he's out of the game until his dr recharges, so then what's the point?
I'm pretty happy with the spy changes in general.

Sort of iffy on the minisentry changes, though. I don't think the gaining health during construction change was really neccesary.

E:
I'm also happy that they made the Jag an actual viable choice.

E2: I'm pretty happy with the changes in general. We may only be getting junk for new features, but at least we're getting a lot of long overdue balance changes.

E3:
I'm sort of pissed off at the pick up weapon changes, though. People always dropping ammo packs when they die is going to be pretty ugly, and that only for a mechanic that's only useful to new players, but that new players will never know exists. (i think the action key isnt even bound by default)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:59:54 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: July 02, 2015, 04:41:42 am »

I too think that weapon pickups are stupid and annoying, and I was happy with the existing system. Also I wonder if strange weapons count actions by scavengers. Also I bet you five bucks that there's gonna be a ton of exploits with the pickup system.

E: IT'S OUT
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:37:38 pm by MagmaMcFry »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: July 02, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »

It isn't a very different experience. The weapon/ammo pickup change is barely noticeable, and I still have no idea why you'd stop and do it. Minisentries are still obnoxious, but I haven't seen anyone just plop one down in the middle of a fight and have any success, so I guess they're less brainless. The dead ringer is significantly less dumb, but doesn't seem impossible to use. If it's an obvious feign, it's harder to get away, but the speed seems to actually make it better for people who bother trying to look convincing.

Spoiler: Maps! (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:32 pm »

The very best thing about the ammo drops is that the large rectangular boxes are IMPOSSIBLE to miss. Whereas before it was very possible for some of the smaller weapons to get passed over just because they're so small and don't attract attention, like the spy's knife, or the Scout's pistol.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: July 02, 2015, 09:35:05 pm »

Personally I love the buff to the ali babba booties/bootlegger, demoknight is fun again! I'm a big fan of powerhouse and suijin maps. Not too thrilled with the Baby Face Blaster nerf, guess I'll be using stock/soda popper more often from now on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: July 02, 2015, 10:00:07 pm »

Tried some of the new maps. My fps seems like it's utter shit again. Before the update I could play on Valve servers and hover around ~60 to 40 in the most action-packed areas.

Now my frames drop to 40 - 20 range just from me leaving spawn. Ugh. Game's too frustrating to mess with now.

Also, sv_pure is still a thing. Valve plz.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: July 03, 2015, 12:39:08 am »

What's wrong with sv_pure?

Some people are cheating bastards.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10915 on: July 03, 2015, 12:40:36 am »

I played for more than 30 minutes for the first time in at least a year. That alone makes this update impressive.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:11 am »

What's wrong with sv_pure?

Some people are cheating bastards.
Fairly certain those cheating bastards found ways around it. Meanwhile, all my custom skins I used that make the game look nice are borked on 90% of the populated servers and can even make the game unplayable.

I'll probably just move all my custom content folder except the hitsound, but I hate having to do that. Part of what I liked about TF2 was the customization potential with skins and stuff, and now that's been ruined by some cheating bastards.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:10 am »

The Dead Ringer was a way for spies to stay alive forever but not actually achieve anything

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:12 am »

The Dead Ringer was a way for spies to stay alive forever but not actually achieve anything

C&D too

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:59 am »

Fairly certain those cheating bastards found ways around it.
You know its funny, but the VAC system in TF2 seems to be completely infallible.  Like, I acknowledge, rationally, that it must not be.  But I haven't seen any evidence.  Most hackers seem to be swiftly dealt with and I've never heard of a false-positive VAC ban.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 774