Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 810688 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 war-themed hat simulator!
« Reply #10875 on: June 20, 2015, 08:35:10 am »

Here's a good map for you Miauw:

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/130068

Jump_Beef is an iconic beginners jump map that has cows that will explain how to do rocket jumps.

That being said, I've never been able to complete it, draw any conclusion you want from that.

EDIT: Here's another one, RJ_Rocketeer:

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/48222

This one I HAVE completed! ... the only one I've ever completed :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:37:00 am by JoshuaFH »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: June 20, 2015, 08:52:50 am »

Hehe, from the few times I've played with you, you're probably still a far better soldier than me :P
Thanks for the maps, Google was being rather uncooperative :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: June 20, 2015, 09:29:14 am »

I've had to relearn rocket jumping nearly from scratch after I've started maining the Direct Hit. The additional rocket speed makes a huge difference, but oddly enough the reduced explosion radius doesn't count for rocket jumping, it acts like regular rockets, which is probably the least intuitive thing in the game.

I'm willing to provide instruction on how to install maps if you don't already know... but maybe not this instant, I'm going to bed this instant.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: June 20, 2015, 09:54:18 am »

Don't worry, I know how to install maps ever since I played a parkour mod on gmod like four years ago.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: June 23, 2015, 05:38:03 am »

Eh, whenever I play mannpower I always end up sitting somewhere high up with resistance and just grappling down to burn people

E: oh and once I was a baby's face blaster scoot with agility, that was pretty funny too.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: June 23, 2015, 11:34:06 am »

This is why more people should play Mannpower

In unrelated news, sv_pure makes me a sad panda. All my nice skins and custom sounds and gibs and everything either gets replaced by ugly default skins or utterly borked to the point of unplayability. It wouldn't be that bad, except most populated servers run sv_pure and because of the quick play option most community servers are perpetually empty.

Anyone got any server recommendations for no sv_pure and a relatively default TF2 experience in the east US coast area? Seems the best server I've found is Star_'s East Coast server but even that is either completely full or dead empty.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: June 23, 2015, 03:59:48 pm »

I'm assuming none of these servers run sv_pure 1, since they're disqualified from quickplay anyway. I'm not positive though, since I don't have any custom models installed.

• 8.6.15.3:27015 - Paradise Lost: Probably east coast/central, no crits/dmg spread. Map rotation is alright, kind of bland. Usually has people at night (possibly the most consistently active nocrits server in America right now), ~8/9PM+ EST.derp
  • 104.153.105.196:27015 - "Decent Teammates": Could be west coast or central/east, not sure (I'm just judging by my ping honestly). Again, no crits etc, active at night. Rotation is also bland.derp
  • 74.91.120.34:27015 - Some rxg server: doesn't have crits or bots, but I haven't seen it active much. Bland rotation, probably west coast.derp
  • 67.228.59.144:27015 - SourceOP.com: nocrits etc, intermittently active, better rotation than prior listed, probably west coast.derp
  • 64.74.97.25:27015 - Stompfest 24/7 turbine: unfortunately 24/7 on a rather bad map (though I think it's a fun brainless map), no crits etc, possibly east coast/central, somewhat inactive.derp
  • 74.91.119.82:27015 - Team-Cream.com: nocrits etc, I haven't seen it active much, bland rotation, runs 8 bots, Chicago.derp
  • 72.5.195.248:27015 - Team-Cream.com 24/7 dustbowl: I don't like dustbowl, but hey. nocritsdmgspreadwepspreadetcetc, sometimes active, runs 8 bots, Chicago.derp

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: June 30, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

Today I got called a hacker for the first time. I was playing Soldier on Asteroid, and I was in such good shape today that at least three people couldn't believe I didn't use hax, juggling and shotgunning like nobody's business. I invited the haters to spectate me, and proceeded to get a 33 killstreak that ended only because my team won. I figured I might PTW this thread.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: June 30, 2015, 02:15:34 pm »

Oh, I never noticed there was a TF2 thread here. PTW

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: July 01, 2015, 08:01:31 pm »

So pretty huge update coming tomorrow (I think).

http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle

More important than the pointless CS:GO junk and paid mission malarkey getting put in, there are some pretty significant balance changes listed under part 2.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: July 01, 2015, 08:39:27 pm »

The whole "equip weapons in the field" thing seems stupid. Maybe it'll be cool though, just need to try it.

The cs:go collectable weapon thing also seems stupid. Like more hats but not.

The loch-n-load change seems like a straight nerf. Also still stupid that it has 3 shots and 2 barrels. Browsing the various other changes and nothing really stands out much. Some things, like the natascha and brass beast damage resistance, seem neat. The quickie-bomb launcher change sounds cool. Looks like it would encourage long-range sticky bombing rather than spamming in front of you constantly.

I dunno. i got mixed opinions on how great of an update it is.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:14 pm »

Dear god, those minisentry and dead ringer changes were a long time coming.

The PBPP change, as much as it will hurt me personally, was also sorely needed.  Scouts are annoying enough to kill without a more-or-less free health increase, and its new stats look interesting at least.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »

OOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAH UPPPPDDDAAATTEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The loch-n-load change seems like a straight nerf.

Because it was overpowered.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 774