Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815360 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

And it would take the computer of a god to have the framerate good enough near that many bodies to distinguish when the one sniper with a razorback comes around. And even if you saw it, there is little one can do. It's a mass of the enemy team RIGHT THERE. You would get shredded before one headshot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I gotta say, and I'm sorry to say this, but the server being an ocean away is pretty disappointing in terms of ping.  I wasn't expecting it to have that much of an impact, but it did.  :/
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Well, when you're goin in, theres this mass of bodies. All these people on the cart, pushing. You just don't expect a sniper there. Let alone a razorback sniper.
I always watch for snipers with razorbacks. They're not the subtlest items.

And it would take the computer of a god to have the framerate good enough near that many bodies to distinguish when the one sniper with a razorback comes around. And even if you saw it, there is little one can do. It's a mass of the enemy team RIGHT THERE. You would get shredded before one headshot.
Witness. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220518

And they're almost all facing away. A reversed pyro is the only thing I need to be especially worried about.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the Dead Ringer I get multiple eight backstab streaks per game
!!&!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Why are you guys having a dick waving contest here?

Sowelu: Yeah, it's quite horrible. I was playing at 300 ping and it was quite frustrating. Enemies would teleport around the map, I would teleport around the map, graphics glitches everywhere, etc. etc. Still managed to kick some butt though, hehehe.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Dunno what Ampersand is going on about (or more importantly, who he's fighting), umiman.

What it really comes down to is this: This is TEAM Fortress. You're not fighting enemy, your team is fighting the enemy team. If your team can't keep them facing forward or their team is good enough to have their medics face back (as they should) or their team has a ton of W+M1 pyros or "Look how fast I can spin my mouse" pyros you can't do shit no matter how good of a spah you are.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Unless you have a 1v1. Anyhoo, umi yeah that lag was pretty terrible, your usually not that bad are you? Must have been your housemate downloading stuff right?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seemed to be a lot harder to aim when I was on than on other servers (Is that the ping time or the FPS, I wonder - it's only 150 ping, which I did fine with in star wars: battlefront).

On the other hand, I got the 'Not a crazed gunman, Dad' badge (Kill three enemies while they're achieving an objective) as a sniper by killing three enemies at the cart ... using the kukri.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Unless you have a 1v1. Anyhoo, umi yeah that lag was pretty terrible, your usually not that bad are you? Must have been your housemate downloading stuff right?
Pretty sure it was, because even my youtube videos were slow, and that never happens unless someone is downloading a crapola of stuff. Regardless, it was a good time.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

There is quite a bit of difference with pings.  It's not even noticeable if you are used to it with the same game, but switching games, even games under the same engine, and having a higher ping than you usually had with that game can make a big difference with your aim.

For example.  I also play a game called Eternal Silence.  It's also a hl2 mod
Spoiler: shameless plug (click to show/hide)
but because it's not too well known often there is only one full server at a time, and that server is sometimes far away.  I often do fine with pings upwards of 160, in fact I usually top the scoreboard with 10/1 kill death ratios.  But load up Team Fortress 2 with the same ping amounts and I miss left and right.  Even playing pyro, a class that doesn't have to worry about accuracy much is a bit off because I'm used to pings in the low 50s playing Team Fortress.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, I can get used to a 140ish ping.  I am happy with the server and haven't played on my old regular server in ages.  I'm sad for the folks stuck with the 200+ pings though, that's kinda rough.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can somebody explain how the new unlock system works?

I know a certain amount of achievements gets you a random item. Maybe of that class you play with, what do I know...

But what puzzled me... I got a lvl20 ambassador and a lvl5 ambassador. I deleted the lvl5 one, just to see what would happen.

I have no clue whether or not that was a good idea... so could somebody tell me how it works... or can I find that on the tf2 wiki?

edit: alright I looked it up on the tf2 wiki... and still I'm confused... it says its just random based on playtime, but the end of the page still refers to the achievements. Are both systems active at the moment?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:03:27 pm by Puck »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

You get new items by reaching achievement milestones as well as randomly over the course of the game. Items acquired via achievements are not random.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The different level numbers on the items is a bug, the developers just hasn't released a fix for it yet (they have acknowledged that it's a bug).

I wouldn't delete items if you have enough room in your inventory thing for them - the developers are planning to add a way to trade items with other players in the future.

The sniper milestone 1 achievement gives you the first special sniper item, sniper milestone 2 gives you the second special sniper item, and sniper milestone 3 gives you the last special sniper item. (I don't know what order they come in) All the classes with special items like these - pyro, scout, medic, heavy, sniper, and spy right now - have these milestone achievements to give you their items. The achievements should tell you how many of the sniper achievements (or whatever class) you need to get that milestone and thus the next item. Note that trying to get them all this way will not be easy.

You do still find items randomly even if you're not playing that class, though. And by 'find' I mean the game just tells you that you found it, you don't have to do anything special. It usually tells you about the item shortly after you die, but I'm guessing that's to avoid popping up a dialog while you're actually playing. :3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:59:18 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

(I don't know what order they come in)
Huntsman,Jaratte,Razorback.

Note that trying to get them all this way will not be easy.
If you getting the sniper or especially the spy,yes,they are easy.
Medic though... ARG.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 774