Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815272 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Update OUT!
« Reply #615 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:33 am »

An interesting server that I ran across yesterday with an unusual variant, rocket dodge-ball.

208.43.4.58:27015
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 09, 2009, 05:57:37 pm »

Pyro skill

Don't need a server for that.

You know you are a pyro when you can run down a pipe in 2Fort with a couple of soldiers lobbing rockets at you and not die. On the flip side, sometimes I dodge into a Huntsman shot intended for other people.

Mind you, I don't consider myself to be a good pyro.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:50 pm »

I made a new Spray for myself. Also, display picture.

I wanted to put "Big Brother Cancels Watch you: Interrupted by Magma", but I ran out of space
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:31:19 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »

When I play pyro, I've always got the backburner on. So the soldier is usually my worst enemy.

However, I have not died to a single huntsman as a pyro. I'm very good at dodging those, hehehe.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 09, 2009, 07:25:46 pm »

Pyro skill

Don't need a server for that.
For rocket dodge-ball, yes you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1XDF6rhUYQ

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 09, 2009, 08:44:37 pm »

While I have used the compression blast many a time to save a burning teammate or disorient a foe for the axetinguisher, the only times I have ever reflected projectiles is with luck. Mostly because I can never sync up with a soldiers firing patterns. And demoman are still somewhat of an enigma to me, despite them now becoming my most played class. Sticky grenades are awesome.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 09, 2009, 10:32:07 pm »

You know you're a good demo or a good soldier when you get air shots with those weapons.

The secret with the airblast is to aim where you want the projectile to go, while keeping it in a 100ish degree cone in front of you... So if you want to get a soldier, you aim at him as if you were a soldier shooting and blast as soon as the rocket reaches the regular flamer's range, which is the same range of the compression blast.

Jakkarra

Re: Team Fortress 2: "A little of the ol' chop chop"
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2009, 12:02:25 pm »

none of this is very useful if you are unfortunate enough to face me.

who needs a fancy weapon? ill send my ambassadorial consort to take care of you, or, would you prefer some alone time with your new back-located rectum?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:10 pm »

none of this is very useful if you are unfortunate enough to face me.

who needs a fancy weapon? ill send my ambassadorial consort to take care of you, or, would you prefer some alone time with your new back-located rectum?
Sasha has seduced many ambassadors, but she is a beefy girl, only lumps of shattered bone and flesh leave her bed!

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2009, 12:13:38 pm »

>_>

<_<

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 10, 2009, 01:00:42 pm »

You know, I must raise this complaint not because of any lack of skill but the utter irritation it causes:

GODDAM LAG!

And I know it is. Getting headshotted by an ambassador from around a corner? Being sniped and seeing the killcam guy a good ten seconds of sniper walking away? Scout suddenly behind me despite the only entrance being before me and having already scanned the room for anybody hiding? Somebody running across my flamethrower and not getting ignited?

And my connection is pretty decent. It is just Team Fortress 2 being developed to make lag very invisible. No ugly graphical errors of people being jittery much, not much a problem with projectiles missing.

Although from all my failures, I am willing to call BS on compression blast having the same range as the flamethrower. Still, this requires more hours of playtime with the pyro to make sure. Lately I have been getting some success with scout.

And a quick question: Field of Vision settings and mouse sensibility settings. What are they for you guys? I've been trying to adapt to a rather high setting as people always brag about, but I always overaim things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 10, 2009, 01:17:34 pm »

I keep my Video field of view, and Multiplayer field of view, REALLY high. Like both are at 90.

Mouse settings are like... 10.

Jakkarra

« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2009, 01:20:32 pm »

we must first learn your class of choice Duke.

and, yes the lag is terribly, terribly annoying.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2009, 01:22:14 pm »

I know it doesn't have the same range, but it's somewhat the point where you want to press it, as the rocket still does travel a little bit before being airblasted back. Even with <50ms ping you can notice it. I do it at that range mostly because my ping is usually around 150-200ms on east coast servers. If it doesn't work for you, do a little bit closer.

Note that rockets/arrows/nades/fire travel as a separate entity that is controlled by the server, so there's no lerp going around for them.

Also, the death scene takes what? 1 second to pop up? You can take cover in that little time. And the trick is the quick back and forth motion to shots, you want to pop out for as little as possible, shot while moving back.

Scouts also can get around you because they tend to jump over you. Spies do crouch jump over the enemies quite often too.

As for flamethrower, each lil fire sprite travels forward, so if you're not targeting ahead of your enemy's movement, you wont burn them.

I use the FoV at max, but I didn't mess with the mouse sensitivity as the Logitech G5 has 3 speed settings which I switch depending on what I'm doing. I hear a lot of people bind keys to change the sensitivity as well, specially for sniping.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 19, 2009, 09:41:35 pm »

For Umi.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 774