Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 810112 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Arena rant:

Arena exaggerates everything. In theory, it's a nice gamemode. All servers have people that are better than others, and that's OK. You die, you respawn and get another chance at killing or maybe avoiding the dude. In arena, you die, gg. These dudes are always at the top of MVPs and there's nothing you can do about them. The same for somewhat OP weapons like minisentries. There's a minisentry there, you die once, you avoid it afterwards or destroy it. In arena, gg you're dead. Same for crits. Etc, etc. Arena would be fun if everyone was equally skilled, but if you're not very good you just serve as cannon fodder and die in the first half minute so the good people can fight in peace.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are the servers unreachable for anyone else?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was having all kinds of weird crap happen with this latest update, including the server list not responding.

If you also get weird lag followed by invisible medics, typing 'record a' and then 'stop' into the console should fix it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I have "record bugfix ; stop" bound to my k key, so whenever the graphics glitch like that, I can do a reset.

By doing it that way, it doesn't have any time to, you know, actually record anything. Thus, saving on spehs!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

im doing unusualy well tonight however i fell like i should have had more then 1 drop by now im probably just imagining things
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Man I love the Backburner.  Somehow my best life (25 points) just involved constant ambushes against people pushing the cart. Kinda want to try the Degreaser/Reserve Shooter combo too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bahahahahahahah

I just did a Rottenburg mission (the one with the 3 tanks at the end), we didn't miss a single buck and for the last wave everyone went Gunslinger engie and we killed all three tanks with minisentries, short circuits and rescue rangers alone.
That was great.

E:
In other news, I have set up a server! Ports are fully forwarded, no hamachi required.
However, uptime will probably erratic since the box is located in my bedroom, so having it up while I sleep is not possible. If you want me to bring the server up, PM me or send me a message on Steam.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:49:04 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i hope i get a backscatter soon i used to always use the baby faces blaster but i dident like the changes to it

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Scrap.tf has 1:1 weapon exchanges. See if they have one in their bots?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bahahahahahahah

I just did a Rottenburg mission (the one with the 3 tanks at the end), we didn't miss a single buck and for the last wave everyone went Gunslinger engie and we killed all three tanks with minisentries, short circuits and rescue rangers alone.
That was great.

E:
In other news, I have set up a server! Ports are fully forwarded, no hamachi required.
However, uptime will probably erratic since the box is located in my bedroom, so having it up while I sleep is not possible. If you want me to bring the server up, PM me or send me a message on Steam.

You have me to thank for not missing any money :P

But yeah, that last wave was unexpectedly nuts. The last tank got all the way to the hatch and we're just pelting it with a dozen minis and whatever shotguns we had so desperately, and it gets destroyed right before deploying the bomb.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i just brought a back scater from the store im so happy now

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its birthday time new hat and my first noisemaker
i finaly made a point of progress towards pop fly and in an awesome way to
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:35:51 am by tuypo1 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A strange crit-a-cola is 1 rec, and a strange sniper rifle is about three ref. So you're out of luck, basically.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days"
« Reply #10318 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:59 pm »

The conga taunt is silly.

Edit: So are conga lines composed of both teams.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Love and War! "I've done nothing but teleport bread for 3 days"
« Reply #10319 on: September 09, 2014, 10:06:26 pm »

No, what's silly is the constant, meaningless fighting we all engage in.  Dance is the only means of freeing ourselves.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 774