Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814103 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Manniversary! "Suck it, Valve Time!"
« Reply #7230 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:59 am »

And then we get a patch to revert-revert-rever the craftability, then we get a second patch to revert-revert-revert-revert it. Its a vicious cycle that never ends.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Deus Ex promos! Heavy with a bionic arm!
« Reply #7231 on: October 16, 2011, 03:38:24 am »

I got me some strange fists! Cost me the most well-spent refined I've ever spent.

Now, to get the properly gore-spattered.
Try a trade server. Or maybe a melee only one. Or a melee only trade server.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 16, 2011, 03:52:47 am »

Try a trade server.

But then you'd have to live with yourself knowing you're a phony. My Wicked Nasty Kunai is all legit, thanks.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7233 on: October 16, 2011, 04:04:03 am »

Try a trade server.

But then you'd have to live with yourself knowing you're a phony. My Wicked Nasty Kunai is all legit, thanks.

What he said. My Pain Train didn't get Face Melting by attackin' vegetables.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 16, 2011, 01:54:08 pm »

Does anyone want crates? I have lots of crates.

EDIT: So I had an idea for a new Heavy set.

The Tesla Pack - the main weapon would be Tesla's Traveling Turret. It'd look, in first person view, similar to four Tomislav barrels arranged around the crosshair, kinda like the gun on an X-Wing. It'd look to other players like Heavy has two big laser guns mounted on his shoulders and two at roughly the same level as the normal guns. When not firing, the gun would be pointed up at an angle and Heavy would move at 90% normal speed, cuz it'd be big and heavy. When firing or deploying (right-click), Heavy would move at about 50% speed. The bullets would be crackling with energy, and a crit would have the same effect as the steampunk guns Soldier uses. The Secondary would be Tesla's ThunderStick - basically, a shotgun that shoots a could of electrically-charged steel pellets. Melee would be a retexture of the Fists of Steel, with the addition of some electrical FX and damage. The hat would be a single Tesla coil perched atop Heavy's head, and naturally, everything else would have Tesla coils on it too. The set bonus would remove the speed restrictions from the Traveling Turret.

Thoughts? I'd like to make this for the Steam Workshop at some point.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:48:20 pm by dragonshardz »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 16, 2011, 10:30:32 pm »

The Tesla Pack - the main weapon would be Tesla's Traveling Turret. It'd look, in first person view, similar to four Tomislav barrels arranged around the crosshair, kinda like the gun on an X-Wing. It'd look to other players like Heavy has two big laser guns mounted on his shoulders and two at roughly the same level as the normal guns. When not firing, the gun would be pointed up at an angle and Heavy would move at 90% normal speed, cuz it'd be big and heavy. When firing or deploying (right-click), Heavy would move at about 50% speed. The bullets would be crackling with energy, and a crit would have the same effect as the steampunk guns Soldier uses. The Secondary would be Tesla's ThunderStick - basically, a shotgun that shoots a could of electrically-charged steel pellets. Melee would be a retexture of the Fists of Steel, with the addition of some electrical FX and damage. The hat would be a single Tesla coil perched atop Heavy's head, and naturally, everything else would have Tesla coils on it too. The set bonus would remove the speed restrictions from the Traveling Turret.

Sounds pretty weird speed wise, unless you meant 50% of the existing spin up speed. Maybe make him stationary when shooting?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7236 on: October 16, 2011, 10:33:01 pm »

Traveling Turret sounds interesting, but I think one Brass Beast is enough :P

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 16, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »

Make an Elmer Fudd style double barrel shotgun.
Thank you based dwarf.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »

Then go face down a team of scouts all wearing Max's severed head :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »

Decided that since the double misc item is now possible that I'd show a combo I'm quite in love with on my spy.

I no longer have to choose! Noh Mercy is a misc item now!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595825477978980999/FFF2A7BF0BA25B706747D8F5A238E28A5DE12435/
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7240 on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:07 am »

Sounds pretty weird speed wise, unless you meant 50% of the existing spin up speed. Maybe make him stationary when shooting?

Nah, I mean that when Heavy is firing, he can only move at 50% of his usual speed. As in, it takes him twice as long to cover ten units when shooting than it does when he's not. I'm poking at making him stationary when shooting. It'd have to be balanced - I think insanely high damage output or an effect similar to burning, but with electricity, would be a fair tradeoff for being made stationary when shooting.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: October 17, 2011, 12:38:31 am »

The thing is, he moves at <50% when he has the regular gun revved up (around 48%). This gun is heavy enough that it slows him when he isn't using it, yet he moves faster than normal when he is... thats why it seems weird.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 17, 2011, 12:46:25 am »

It's just a number I threw out there, really. The idea is that this is a man-portable TURRET, which would make Heavy much less mobile.

100% Speed for Heavy = Speed when he is walking around with the stock Minigun, not shooting.

90% Speed = Heavy walking around wearing the Traveling Turret, not shooting, whether or not it's the active weapon.

So, okay, I see what you're getting at. Maybe something more like 30% of that 90%? So, for example, if he moves 10 units/sec just carrying the stock Minigun, then he'd move at 9 units/sec carrying the Traveling Turret, and he'd move at 2.7 units/sec when shooting the traveling turret, which is a good bit slower than 4.8 units/sec when shooting the stock Minigun.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 17, 2011, 01:52:19 am »

Mmm, the thing is, the Brass Beast already deals increased damage in exchange for slower movement speed. You're changing it slightly (a small movement penalty when not revved up), but for the most part it's very similar - higher damage in exchange for slower movement speed.

It's a neat idea for a Brass Beast reskin, but I'd suggest you change it up a little bit if you want it to be a unique weapon.

(Also, while I'm wiki-diving: movement speed. The standard minigun lets you move at 37% forward speed when revved. Compared to the Heavy's default movement speed of 77%, that's ~48% of normal speed, as Osmosis said. The Brass Beast slows you to 14.67% movement speed, bringing you to ~20% normal movement speed. Your suggestion is for movement at 27% normal speed, right between the Beast and the standard gun.)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 17, 2011, 02:45:35 am »

Mmm, the thing is, the Brass Beast already deals increased damage in exchange for slower movement speed. You're changing it slightly (a small movement penalty when not revved up), but for the most part it's very similar - higher damage in exchange for slower movement speed.

It's a neat idea for a Brass Beast reskin, but I'd suggest you change it up a little bit if you want it to be a unique weapon.

(Also, while I'm wiki-diving: movement speed. The standard minigun lets you move at 37% forward speed when revved. Compared to the Heavy's default movement speed of 77%, that's ~48% of normal speed, as Osmosis said. The Brass Beast slows you to 14.67% movement speed, bringing you to ~20% normal movement speed. Your suggestion is for movement at 27% normal speed, right between the Beast and the standard gun.)

Okay. Lower damage (maybe), remove crits, have it have a small stun on engy buildings, infinite ammo but lower lots of ammo (so maybe 50 shots instead of 200, say?), and a reload.

Or you could have it have infinite ammo, but they take a load period and can't move while loading or firing, and once you move you have to load again. What do you think?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 774