Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 812958 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Goes Free To Play with Uber Update ""Let's do dis."
« Reply #6045 on: June 26, 2011, 10:41:17 pm »

The new players will eventually get better, unless they're alot stupider then I think they are.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: June 26, 2011, 10:47:14 pm »

I'm actually getting pissed off at people bitching about any amount of new players trying out TF2.  They're just playing the game since it's available to them now for free.  I know I would want to play it to see if I enjoyed it.  They don't choose to go on your team specifically that's just your damn imagination and the 'new' way to blame people for your inability to cope with loss.  If I really had a problem playing with this "huge influx" of new people I would just lay low for a week and cool the fuck down.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »

At least partially thanks to them the Bay12 server is the busiest I've seen in some time.  I'm not complaining about them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »

I'm actually getting pissed off at people bitching about any amount of new players trying out TF2.  They're just playing the game since it's available to them now for free.  I know I would want to play it to see if I enjoyed it.  They don't choose to go on your team specifically that's just your damn imagination and the 'new' way to blame people for your inability to cope with loss.  If I really had a problem playing with this "huge influx" of new people I would just lay low for a week and cool the fuck down.
Theres a difference between new people, and the extremely stupid new people. Im sure they're mainly talking about the ones that go "hurp derp who needs a tutorial?" and go around acting like a generally dumbass.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: June 26, 2011, 11:14:24 pm »

I am so bad at this game.

I score low even against bots.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:16:50 pm by Patchouli »

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: June 26, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »

Ok, so I have an extra liberty launcher and I'm looking for either a tomislav or a persian pursuader. If you have a detonator, I'll also think about that. materials for making a pursuader are also welcome.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: June 26, 2011, 11:21:34 pm »

I have a Persian Persuader. I don't really use Demoman, so I'm up for trading it. I've never traded, but it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:37:45 pm by Patchouli »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: June 26, 2011, 11:24:12 pm »

I'm still waiting on Engies to get a massive update again.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: June 26, 2011, 11:26:16 pm »

I'm still waiting on Engies to get a massive update again.
Have fun waiting for that.
Welcome to Reality.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: June 26, 2011, 11:52:17 pm »

See, the problem with the cancer that is killing /b/ TF2 is that they are on your team. I've played a dozen rounds where I got fucked over by newfags only playing spy, soldier, and heavy. All of which are completely useless without support.

Virtually anyone playing spy isn't contributing as effectively to the team as they could be if they were playing another class, whether they're new or not. As for soldiers, with a Direct Hit you can gib almost everyone you meet from the enemy team as long as they don't get close enough to cut your head off with a half-zatoichi (Reaching melee tends to be fatal, especially if you keep using the Direct Hit). The only other thing that'll stop you will be coming up against an equally powerful enemy backed by a medic, when you don't have one, or a level 3 turret (A demoman, a clever engineer with a wrangler (depending on the placement of the enemy turret), or a regular rocket launcher would work better against a level 3 turret unless you can shoot it from outside its range).

Of course, said newbies would have to acquire a Direct Hit and super fast aiming skills to do that. I was doing it yesterday, but I've played for a couple years on and off.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: June 27, 2011, 12:08:10 am »

Never mind about the pursuader, I got myself one. It's so bad, but so good...  :P
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6056 on: June 27, 2011, 12:56:31 am »

Virtually anyone playing spy isn't contributing as effectively to the team as they could be if they were playing another class, whether they're new or not.

I'd have to say I disagree with that. There are many times when playing as a spy can be vastly more effective at breaking a deadlock. It is true however that you do need to be able to recognise when being a spy is not going to work and actually change class, although the same is true of pretty much all the classes.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: June 27, 2011, 12:59:41 am »

Spy is awesome. A good spy can singlehandedly hold up and redirect fire from many players, forcing them to allocate resources into deflecting the actions of just one player. If a spy can make a medic and a pyro run around trying to find him for a few minutes, that's a few minutes where people are not getting healed and teammates are not getting roasted.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: June 27, 2011, 01:07:51 am »

I'm perfectly willing to say that I jumped on the F2P train when it arrived at the station, and if you rage at me for a being a sucky noob (I am), I'm most likely going to laugh at you. Also when I've actually had some sleep, I'll link my backpack. I have like 3 hours and virtually no items, but if you want anything I have I'll give it to you. I don't really want anything in return, that's just not how I roll.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6059 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09:06 am »

Allow me to sum up some sentiments so we can get them out of the way:

"Oh no! People who haven't played TF2 before are bad at it! This will permanently destroy TF2!"

If your post could be summed up to be something like the above, think for a bit before you post it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 774