Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 812367 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4665 on: September 22, 2010, 06:56:52 am »

I spent an hour or so reading this, only to see "Continue to part two."
 :-\

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4666 on: September 22, 2010, 07:06:24 am »

I love Natasha. Because somebody touched Sasha, now I dont want here anymore.

No, seriously. I dont think TF2 needs the heavy as a damage dealer. The snaring is a lot more useful, and just gets better with moar teamwork. And last I checked T in TF2 stands for "team".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: September 22, 2010, 08:50:54 am »

No, seriously. I dont think TF2 needs the heavy as a damage dealer. The snaring is a lot more useful, and just gets better with moar teamwork. And last I checked T in TF2 stands for "team".
Hm. Never noticed that in-game... ;)

However, two heavies, one with sasha and one with natasha... now that is a force to be reckoned with, even without medics. In payload as blue even more fun, as you can keep on firing indefinitely.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26:48 am »

Remembered what I was going to post. I think.

Respawn of the Dead
I hate you for introducing this to me... can't stop reading...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: September 22, 2010, 10:27:47 am »

Natascha is hated because it's an obnoxious, irritating weapon.

Also, Respawn of the Dead is amazing.

What is respawn of the dead?

This:

Remembered what I was going to post. I think.

Respawn of the Dead
Also, probably the crowning WTF moment so far..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4670 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:12 am »

WHAT.

I just read the first section. That's soul-clenchingly horrifying.

I don't think I'll ever be able to play as soldier again...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:46 am »

WHAT.

I just read the first section. That's soul-clenchingly horrifying.

I don't think I'll ever be able to play as soldier again...
and the worst part is..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »

Team? What's a team? you mean I'm not the only one fighting the other side?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:16 am »

Respawn of the Dead: totally awesome.

Natascha: completely worthless. Doubly so against a lucky huntsman sniper. They'll just peg you with two arrows and be on their merry way.

Team? What's a team? you mean I'm not the only one fighting the other side?

No dragnar! He lies to you. He tries to split you from your true goal!
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: September 23, 2010, 12:28:40 am »

Natascha can be useful depending on the latency of the victtim. With a low latency the slowdown won't effect them at all as most of the bullets generally miss and the slowdown won't cause them to really skip a beat. On high-ping opponents they'll be glued to the damn floor. Really widens the number of situations where the heavy can be useful. Opponents can only really kill you at full health if they can maneuver into a proper killing position, so keeping them in your line of fire will wreck most peoples ability to kill you.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:06 am »

Lag compensation makes ping irrelevant in determining who wins in a fight in TF2.

People bitch about it, but it works.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: September 23, 2010, 08:10:13 am »

Natascha: completely worthless. Doubly so against a lucky huntsman sniper. They'll just peg you with two arrows and be on their merry way.
Only if you play by yourself. The amount of support kills you can rack up using natascha is enormous, as the huntsman sniper/directhit solly/sasha heavy/etc standing next to you has a lot less aiming to do. Especially against classes who rely on speed (scout/pyro/medic) it's loads of fun.

Two natascha's on one team is worthless, though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:46 am »

Lag compensation makes ping irrelevant in determining who wins in a fight in TF2.

Except the times it doesn't.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4678 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:20 am »

Good god, I'm reading that Respawn of the Dead thing...
This is so great.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:29 am »

Except the times it doesn't.

I didn't say it works well, I said it works.

It's a tradeoff between having to shoot ahead of all of your targets depending on their ping and occasionally getting killed behind a wall based on your killer's ping. Sure, those behind-the-wall or killed-after-shooting or 50-foot-melee kills are annoying, but having to lead all your targets is even more annoying.

That being said, Valve's lag compensation is horrendous compared to what some of their competition is doing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 774