Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814481 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Re: Polycount:

I'm pretty sure Valve would be doing touching up and LOTS of animation work on the winning models.  Would be very surprised if the Polycount update came out before August.

...Would be slightly surprised if the Engineer update didn't come out by the end of this month.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I hope for an absurd number of building replacements.

But I know I wont get it. :'(

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

I'd make the shield protect from any crit hitting you on the back, not full protection but damage reduction and then it breaks, against a weapon like the flamethrower or minigun it survives for maybe a second before breaking.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Crafted the shiv since I've had a stockpile of watches and bows lying around... can't wait to try it out.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I've died a surprising number of times to that shiv, but considering that every time I die to the normal sniper melee weapon it has always been crits, and that every time I fight somebody in melee I can be standing right next to them swinging away with no crits ever, and watching them slowly realize they are being hit and turn around to crit me in the face, I don't think this weapon will help me much.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The shiv's a little depressing - if somebody's within melee range, and I'm a Sniper, I want them dead now, not 8 seconds from now. But it looks cooler than the normal kukri, so I use it anyways.  ;)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spies will hate you forever also.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Looks like the Engy update is coming later than expected for me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Spies will hate you forever also.
Why? Unless you are a really pathetic spy snipers almost never know what hit em.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I like the shiv because usually if I'm in melee range as a sniper I'm already in trouble.  Often a single swing of the shiv is all that could be pulled off before you either die or get away to safety.

The shiv's bleed effect makes sure that that one hit messes them up good.  More often than not If I get a hit in with the shiv before going down, the one that killed me dies from the bleeding shortly after.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the shiv because usually if I'm in melee range as a sniper I'm already in trouble.  Often a single swing of the shiv is all that could be pulled off before you either die or get away to safety.

The shiv's bleed effect makes sure that that one hit messes them up good.  More often than not If I get a hit in with the shiv before going down, the one that killed me dies from the bleeding shortly after.

Thees

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

You never notice the Minus damage anyway.

Or maybe that's just me, seeing as i go to melee duels as a Spy.

And win.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5YfnS2Ho

Me and a friend mucking about in gmod for 3 hours.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5YfnS2Ho

Me and a friend mucking about in gmod for 3 hours.
Pretty neat.

Killcam pics of tonight's game on the DFC server, first two from Freight and last from Well:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[EDIT:] Surprise surprise! Saxton Hale update for all!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:53:00 pm by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I've been thinking. The Pyro is an ambush class. He has no tools to ambush aside from the innate talent of everybody with a physical body to hide behind a corner or stand over a ledge. Now the Demoman is good at setting up ambushes. He can stick sticky grenades anywhere he wants and use the places nobody looks to set traps. Such would be a good strategy for the Pyro. But allowing the Pyro access to anywhere is just insane. What, are you asking for him to have a compression blast jump?

No, climbing gloves.

Basically any flat vertical surface would grant the pyro the ability to climb up it. If there is a flat ledge he can crawl onto it. Any obstructions will block his movement, so he can't climb past wall features, onto ceilings or across corners. The wall can have some curve and perhaps some small bumps can be avoided, but for the most part this means manmade walls and such. As such this ability is very limited when it comes to mobility. However, when it comes to ambushing things are a lot more open. He won't be able to fire when on a wall but as soon as he uses M1 to release from the wall he takes out his primary weapon and M2 for his melee weapon. The idea is the ability to hang over doorways and drop down to ambush foes who normally don't look up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 774