Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814518 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

310 hours for me. Only random hat I have found is the Camera Beard, and that's technically not a hat. Until I craft a hat or find one, I'm just having all classes wear Bill's Hat. It shouldn't be long before I can craft a Solly hat.

This just in: Jarate'd players take mini-crits from bleed damage.

>:3

MELEE SNIPER IS GO
This makes forward-pushing Sniper a lot more viable then.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Or a duo of snipers. Think about it.
Sniper A:
Equipped with Huntsman, Jarate and Kukri

Sniper B:
Equipped with Huntsman, SMG and Shiv

Sniper A tosses Jarate and quickly retreats to a safe Huntsmanning-distance, while Sniper B jumps in with his Shiv and beats on the pissed-on enemies, while Sniper A gives cover fire.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

612 hours, not a single found hat.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

I have exactly two hats.
The Brigade Helm and the Prussian Pickelhaube.
I WANT the Brainslug and Pirate hat.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had one hat drop, the Fancy Fendora. It was quite soon after hats came out, too.

I crafted it with a camera beard, and I got a Stainless Pot.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the heavy helmet and the soldier viking helm.

Two classes I never play :/

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

I would love any of those, I have a grand total of zero non-event hats. I'm a bloody grizzled veteran too!
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

41 hours, One hat drop, a batting helmet, crafted it into a bonk helm.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think one of my friends wants me to play this game. I played with another friend a long time ago but just a while ago I fired the game up for the first time in... years maybe? Anyways, what the heck is all this... item stuff? Do they even do anything? How come it says I have 7 items yet I only have two when I look?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:21:33 am by OzyTheSage »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I've got a couple normal hats, the spy's fedora(love it), and the medic... uh... mirror thing...

I've also got a camera beard, gibus, and grizzled veteran.

Crafting metal for a pyro hat, you know I'm aiming for the slug.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I think one of my friends wants me to play this game. I played with another friend a long time ago but just a while ago I fired the game up for the first time in... years maybe? Anyways, what the heck is all this... item stuff? Do they even do anything? How come it says I have 7 items yet I only have two when I look?

Items: The weapons you can use in combat to shoot things. The clothing you can wear to look awesome.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That just makes it confusing, considering those don't show up in the backpack...

Well, spaseeba, anyways =o

Now if only there was a way to disable non-essential character speech.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

FYI I think you item count includes default items, which don't appear in the backpack.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just crafted my first hat yesterday!

This one

Which is great, since it looks awesome and pyro is my second most played class.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Surprisingly many people with lots of hours and no hats, I feel less unlucky now with my 300 hours of fruitless hat-finding playtime.

FYI I think you item count includes default items, which don't appear in the backpack.
It also includes scrap metal, but if you Ozy haven't played in a long time, you probably don't have it. The 119th update medal is probably one of those though, and the halo too, now that I think of it.

Also, I love how a returning player comes to the thread and everyone is just talking about hats. Certainly reminded me of this blog post.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 774