Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814605 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Quote from TF2 wiki, which apparantly already has updated.

Flares inflict Mini-crit damage on burning targets at short range. Crit damage occurs on burning targets at medium-long range.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, it used to minicrit all the time

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Yep, it used to minicrit burning people all the time
Indeed, it was one of the few ways it was useful. I remember the update where that was changed. They bumped down the damage and gave it minicrits on burning people to reward repeated hits.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I think the update is a step in the right direction- but I hope there is more tweaking to come. Promoting long-range flare gunning is a problem because it is an easy weapon to dodge and hard to aim- it just rewards spam like this. However I'll probably use my flaregun again now my flamethrower does better damage. The flamethrower is still below pre-update damage, but not by much and still has the superior airblast, so I'm OK with it, even though I still prefer the pre-update. I'm glad afterburn was restored, though I'd like a new more skill based mechanic, ie damage or burn time is based on how long you burned the enemy for or something like that, so its less annoying if you are barely touched and lethal if you were badly burned. I'm not happy with an extra-damage backburner- I don't want it to be utility versus damage, I want it to be ambush vs general combat. Giving the backburner a movement or burst damage ability could do this. Still it isn't too much of a problem so I'll accept it.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I like the increased burn duration and flare change, but the rest doesn't really affect me. Seems more like they compromised.

One thing the [bay12] community didn't notice was that the pyro's point-blank range got decreased by about 30%, which caused most of the 'low damage' perception from regular pyro users and reason why I didn't notice much of a difference on the pyro. I don't flame people unless:

a. Point blank
b. Setting them up for an AB and combo.
c. Desperate and trying to run away.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

As a Pyro, I'm happy about the changes, as they didn't reduce the airblast back and increased the afterburn back. =D Though I already was fine with it pre-this-update

As a Solly and Demo, and every other class (the 3 named are my main 3 for now, though), I'll have to play to see if I like the change.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I am now happy.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WELP. I guess I won't be playing spy for a day or two.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I'm glad afterburn was restored, though I'd like a new more skill based mechanic, ie damage or burn time is based on how long you burned the enemy for or something like that, so its less annoying if you are barely touched and lethal if you were badly burned.

Nah!  Like, the (original) whole POINT of pyros was to burst into a big group of enemies and set them all on fire, sending them scurrying for medics or water or health.  Also, if keeping your flamethrower on someone longer = more damage, people who previously won a fight and still had a chance to survive if they got aid quickly, are now so hosed that it doesn't matter...Pyrrhic victory.  Pyrrhic victories are no fun for either side; the pyro doesn't get the satisfaction of killing him on the spot, and the dead person is annoyed that his victory didn't save his life.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Unless you aren't a lousy pyro. :)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

So if I've done the maths right, afterburn has been restored to normal and the flame-thrower now does 88% of the direct damage it did before the nerf update with improved airblast, while the backburner now does 101.2% of the old damage.

From the brief play I've had since the update came out it now feels much better balanced, though the new faster heavies are still pretty difficult to take out.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Slight derail (again) -- thanks for all the tips a few pages back. I'll jump into some pub matches later this week with a soldier and learn the game/maps, then I might join you guys and let you all kill me. Once I'm not complete newbie fodder, that is.

Game does look fun. The "Meet the [class]" videos and this thread got me to open my wallet.

Now, back to the Pyro discussion.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Yeah, Even with the moderate un-nerf, the heavy still has a bigger advantage over the pyro than originally. Before the Pyro's only advantage (Vs. Heavy) was that they were more mobile, and that's been mitigated.

Not sure if that's a terribly bad thing, but I daresay it's funny to think that the OTHER W+M1 class got a buff against the one people were complaining about. :)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was kinda refreshing never seeing pyros around. AH WELL.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Why are there no meet the pyro/medic videos?
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 774