Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815502 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got around 50 ping to the DFC server, tops, and sometimes it's still lagging like mad.

Anyway, yesterday I was having a glorious demoman round on saigns.de with a 3:1 KD ratio. My hands still hurt, after 6 hours of sleep, I kid you not. The demoman had a clipsize of 6 on his primary launcher and the damage seemed to be higher than I was used to.

Did valve patch him up to old greatness or was that a server thing?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Has to be serverside,demomen still have 4 shot grenade launchers that use magic.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explain magic joke to me, plz, didnay have my coffee yet...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

They load all the grenades into one tube,and the chambers rotate after every shot!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, I noticed that one too :-\  It IS kind of disturbing.

When I bought TF2 I only played demoman, was the only class I got kills with, without dying all the time. Probably because of 1) being able to shoot around corners and 2) big fucking splash damage.

Then they nerfed my purty demoman into oblivion: 4 rounds, reduced DMG and every little tard can remove your stickies with whatever weapon he has. That kind of ruined the fun for me.

Playing on that server yesterday changed my mind, however. If I can get a 3:1 KD ratio and lead the stats, knowing there are better players online, knowing I suck because I'm tired and whatnot, there has to be something overpowered about that class.

But seriously, valve kinda overdid it. Maybe reduced clipsize and have stickys explode full force when somebody shoots them would be nice. there has got to be a middleground, but demoman isnt really fun as he is now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I get like 150 ping in the DFC server, generally. I'm on the west coast of the U.S.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Oh yeah, I noticed that one too :-\  It IS kind of disturbing.

When I bought TF2 I only played demoman, was the only class I got kills with, without dying all the time. Probably because of 1) being able to shoot around corners and 2) big fucking splash damage.

Then they nerfed my purty demoman into oblivion: 4 rounds, reduced DMG and every little tard can remove your stickies with whatever weapon he has. That kind of ruined the fun for me.

Playing on that server yesterday changed my mind, however. If I can get a 3:1 KD ratio and lead the stats, knowing there are better players online, knowing I suck because I'm tired and whatnot, there has to be something overpowered about that class.

But seriously, valve kinda overdid it. Maybe reduced clipsize and have stickys explode full force when somebody shoots them would be nice. there has got to be a middleground, but demoman isnt really fun as he is now.

I wouldn't like to start a flamewar here, but, y'know, demoman is considered kinda OP in comp play, and I recall there being a demo cap on most teams so they wouldn't have too many. Once you know how to lead shots, the damage he can do is kinda insane.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didnt know people still consider him overpowered. And I dont know whats up with me leading shots.

On the server I played on yesterday, with the old demoman glory, I was hitting people straight in their faces with the nades when they were strafing full speed. I guess that came from raised confidence.

Regular servers I dont hit as well. But it'll come back. Just gotta play demoman more.

Also, I dont see how you would start a flamewar. You werent exactly inpolite or anything.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Yup in competitive play the standard limit is 1 medic (for obvious reasons) 1 demo and 2 of any other class. With the most common setup being a medic a demo two soldiers and two scouts.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)

Yes. So the demoman is certainly not underpowered.
The sticky problem you seem to be experiencing, Puck, can usually be solved by placing your stickies in locations where the enemy cannot see them or comfortably remove them. Also, use the pills. They are your friends.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I get like 150 ping in the DFC server, generally. I'm on the west coast of the U.S.

I receive 60 ping?  Something like that.  And I'm on the East Coast USA!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sticky problem you seem to be experiencing, Puck, can usually be solved by placing your stickies in locations where the enemy cannot see them or comfortably remove them.
Do I really come across THAT stupid ? :D I know how to place stickies.

It's just... Ida know... when the airblast was used to push stickies around, it felt more rock-paper-scissory. It wasnt perfect, because stickies were overpowered, but, again, I'd like to have some middleground.

Imho, the demoman is REALLY map dependant. Lots of open ground, little stuff to bounce nades from, he can become nigh useless.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Imho, the demoman is REALLY map dependant. Lots of open ground, little stuff to bounce nades from, he can become nigh useless.
I don't mean to sound cynnical, but, well...

AHAHAHAHAHA!

In theory, yes. In practice, no.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ha!  Yeah, I was on pl_badwater as a soldier and I was going up some stairs in a hallway when I ran into like 6 stickies on the floor.  Just laying there.  I shot them with a rocket blast and scattered them everywhere.  It didn't matter though because the demoman wasn't even there.   :P

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

anyone want a friendly game?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 774