Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814234 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! "I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians"
« Reply #7410 on: November 11, 2011, 10:41:16 am »

Some kid at school said TF2 = World of Warcraft in nerdiness.

Someone hates fun.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7411 on: November 11, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

So, yeah...   I think I might just be bad at picking random servers or something...
Does anyone know any decent servers I could play on? Maybe a better way to figure out what server to try at least?

EDIT: looks like the server is back up!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:37:46 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7412 on: November 12, 2011, 02:47:17 am »

Well I am all done for tonight. Had some fun 1v1 (would have been more fun with more people in numbers divisible by 2) with Hell's Accident or whatever the name was. Mostly me being beaten down a lot but fun was had all around I believe. Anyway, engie vs scout equals me dead, spy vs scout equals me dead, demo vs scout equals me dead and various other combinations of me being scout and him beating me down, just for all you math nerds out there.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: November 12, 2011, 03:24:45 am »

That would be because scout requires the most skill to play competently. Most classes take skill to play well, but scout takes practice to play at all.

Also, I'm wondering what's "bad" about the random servers you're picking. I've rarely heard folks on any server bitching about newbs except the ever-present "3 snipers and 2 spies? UGH" bitching. Or are you just getting owned or something? I don't know. I have a couple favourite servers, but rarely go on one and think it's terrible for whatever reason.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: November 12, 2011, 05:30:40 am »

Scout is the only class I can play. Everyone else is just so friggin slow and move in slow-mo. I wish I could run around with the alien from AVP, that would be the best.

Bad servers, never seen em. Then again, I can only get a connection to 5% of TF2 server.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:27:09 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: November 12, 2011, 09:31:52 am »

FUGWORLD
SERVERS!

Column on the left side. Good community, very vocal friends.

PA FORUMS
Relevant thread

I think HonC is open to the public. Some good games to be had on there when people are on. Usually they get on in the evenings after 6:00 EST
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: November 12, 2011, 09:44:04 am »

If you're looking for populated servers, you could just go on the valve servers and play stock maps.

In regards to bad servers, avoid nighteam ones at all costs, as their servers' donors are given massive cheats (like unlimited sentries).

When playing scout, try to flank your opponents. If you're in a fight you don't feel you can win, run away. At a distance, pistol is better than shotgun (just be aware that if you hold down the fire button for too long with the pistol, the accuracy goes down. short bursts are best for accuracy). Avoid engineer sentries.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7417 on: November 12, 2011, 01:46:32 pm »

I know the scout requires a lot of skill, its why I have been playing it a lot. I want to start at the top and work my way down for some reason. Plus its not that I am bad at the scout, he was just better at the game in general and in 1v1 it really shows. As for the servers I just mean has people because I kept choosing servers and it was either a bot fest or just mean. I don't need a near full server but having at least fiveish other people  would be really nice.

Edit: I think I was just unlucky and did not try enough servers

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:50 pm »

You also need to play your enemies to know their weaknesses :)
Scout is the hardest to pull off. I still have trouble with it. Especially now they nerfed the shortstop, the only weapon that made me look competent.

Speaking of incompetent, hearing the Bloody Spring wailing my name as he goes down in flames yet again is music to mine ears.  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: November 12, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »

Pyro is my best class. Now, to pick up the bascis, Pyro is damn easy.

But to be a good pyro does take skill. I'm a damn good pyro.

Scout my second best class. I loooooovvvvveeeeee fucking killing Heavies as a Scout. Its hilarious!

Then I play Sniper. Sniper, by the stats, would be my best glass. Most Damage. Most Points. Most Dominations. Most Kills. Most Headshots.

As a Sniper, I've done 5723 damage. That's Heavy damage range. XD
----
On a side note, for a FPS, I think the Sniper is best handle in TF2. He's powerifull, but TF2 solves the problem of the no-scope. No Scoping, generally makes the sniper weapons OP.

With the charge up meter, the Sniper is forced to take careful shots for max damage. And he needs to, to take out the overhealed.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: November 12, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »

My Sniper build is Machina, Danger Shield and that one Saharan knife.
I just quick scope at short range.
I feel horrible when I do it, but then I feel great.
Thank you based dwarf.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: November 12, 2011, 07:52:28 pm »

I've played a bit with that piss rifle combined with the sub-machine gun. The sub-machine gun's damage is crap, but adding in mini-crits and slow enemies and you have a surprising good combo. Took out a couple soldiers with it. It'd help if my aim with the sub-machine gun was better though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7422 on: November 12, 2011, 08:34:48 pm »

I can play scout quite well on maps that I know. Being new I don't know that many maps. My biggest thing is I need to improve my aim while moving erratically. Once I have that down I will be quite a good scout.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: November 12, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »

Scout is the class im best at, I have good reflexes when it comes to rapidly moving around and shooting. But when it comes to things like sniping...well im terrible at it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7424 on: November 12, 2011, 08:57:07 pm »

I like snipping with the scouts pistol. The first shot is right where your aiming and the cool down is the time it takes to reload. I actually sniped a sniper doing this once.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 774