Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815369 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But if I just play demoman or engineer for hours, I still will get stuff, just because I spend time playing tf2, right?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Yup... eventually those updates will come and then you can start getting stuff for those classes as well.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Damn, 3 spys vs 3 scouts was awesome!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Yup... eventually those updates will come and then you can start getting stuff for those classes as well.

Speaking of which. Has Valve said what update they're doing next? I suspect demoman, then soldier, then engineer last.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Dunno...

But I just got my Ubersaw! Did it via the 'First do no Harm' achievement.

Was hard.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You have just won TF2.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Solder update had better give you an unlockable chainsaw. A melee weapon that does spy knife damage, and an alt attack which turns the chainsaw on and uses fuel to deal extra damage/crits.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I want to swing around a leg of ham.  Death by meat!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I think I have all of the unlocks now. I got like...a 1/3 of them through random luck while playing (as in, not achievements). I think the last unique item I got was Jarate, and that was through an achievement.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

While I hope the engineer gets an update first (since he's so boring to play right now), I agree that the soldier is quite lame in terms of weapons other than the rocket launcher.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

He's the simple grunt, he does simple things.  Like killing.  Killing is simple.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's obvious!

He's the red spy! One of his weapons has to be called the Screaming Eagle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Give him a homing missile launcher. And bulletproof shield. And dreadnaught armor.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I'm maintaining a chainsaw resulting with a melee weapon with ammo sounds like something the TF2 devs would do.

Then again, the TF2 devs have always surprised.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I doubt it will be a chainsaw. It has to fit with the soldier's war weapons theme. I doubt it will be an automatic rifle though... Huh... barbed wire? Sandbags? I can't think of anything.

The soldier doesn't have a worst enemy, so it won't be a weapon to counter that like the tribal shield thing for the sniper. His weakness would be his slow speed, low ammo count, and slow firing speed. Also his lackluster backup weapons. His strengths are his rocketjump and damage potential.

So... I'm guessing he'll get something that takes away his rocketjump and ups his speed.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 774