Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 812535 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4635 on: September 06, 2010, 08:11:07 am »

Those are both amazing pictures.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4636 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:52 am »

I'm pretty sure Cheeetar already linked this, but:
Heavy Gaga song.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

I had something to say in this thread... but I forgot it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: September 06, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

Good thing you made that post then.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: September 13, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »

I like that they have different play styles. One of the scouts is all slow with his aim (just like icytoonie) and the other is extremely jerky.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4641 on: September 13, 2010, 08:22:41 pm »

Toony man is back to his old troll avatar. All is right in the world.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: September 13, 2010, 08:42:09 pm »

But he still had a troll avatar. ._.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:12 pm »

But he still had a troll avatar. ._.
shush you

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:24 pm »

10th kingdom trolls are far more awesome.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:25 pm »

I have this game, but I don't play it very much. I'm really, really bad at it, and I have this unstopping guilt whenever I join a server that I'm weighing down the team, that or they go crazy at me on voice. I don't even want to try all the classes because I'll just fuck up my team.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4646 on: September 20, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

Either play with bots for a bit (though they still have a few issues, especially if you want to try out spying), or go on a 32 man insta-respawn server (since many people playing there aren't very good-though some can be- and there's pretty much no teamwork) get decent and never ever return to those hell holes again.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: September 20, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »

Plus, Heavy seems to be easy to grasp...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: September 20, 2010, 05:00:36 pm »

When you start, I recommend turning off all the chat so that you can't see / hear what everyone is saying. :P

And yeah, follow Strange Guy's advice and play on hugeass servers where matches take forever to end. Maps like Orange, toyfort, and 2fort are great for newbies, in my opinion, as they are very predictable, it's hard to flank, and all your team tends to move in one unit because of the map structure (also take forever to end... and very often never end at all). They work as great training arenas due to the above-mentioned natures. And don't worry about farming achievements. I find it ruins the game, you'll get the weapons eventually (or you can cheat for the weapons if you're daring).

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:31 pm »

I find CTF to be great practice, since there's just random war-fare until a pro spy destroys the enemies super-base :D
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 774