Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 812651 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Benzene always seemed like a likeable fellow to me.

It'd be a shame if the server became a podium for drama, instead of comedy.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ever time I've ever seen you play Jakkarra, you taunt people when you win, complain when you lose, beg for adminship, and are generally in a very bad mood, I'm going to hazard a guess that could have something to do with it. =P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

My graphics card blew out, so I won't be TF2ing for a while.  Hopefully when I'm back the engispam will have cooled down.
Shoes...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing 8v8 engies is actually really fun. Well, funny.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm updating my Gmod server right now. Technically, the Gmod is already updated and I'm updating the TF2 installation.

If the official server goes down, mine could be a backup as long as no one's using it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

What is it with these servers fronting as "35/36" or whatever but in actuality being empty? About to start blacklisting them for that shit.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aren't those idle servers?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They use a fake client to trick the server thingy into thinking it has lots of people, but it doesn't. I once saw a server with 256 fake people on it, pretty funny.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm, my favourite servers used to lie about player count, but it seems they dont, anymore, I thought valve found a way to fix it...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

They can't stop the server lying so the solution they came up with was to award servers points. Each time a player connects the server loses points then as they remain on the server gains points until after about half an hour I think they've gained more points than they've lost. So if lots of people connect to the server then disconnect immediately it loses lots of points and eventually falls too low and isn't shown on the server list.

At least IIRC.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the point system worked like this: When a player connects to the server, it loses 15 points. For every minute each player is connected, the server gains 1 point.

So, you'll have a net gain of points if people play for at least 15 minutes.

Of course, I've heard nothing more about this since the first time Valve blogged about it (and that time, they still manually selected low-scoring servers to 'de-list').

The other solution is to blacklist them. It's possible Valve will look at the server and say, "Hey, lots of people have blacklisted this...", but at the very least you won't ever see it again.  ;D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Valve and Polycount have announced the winners of the Polycount Pack contest. My favorite pack (the Sniper one with the croc stuff and a dart gun) got in. =D Unfortunately, Polycount made a mistake with their linkage, and linked the Spy pack twice, instead of linking that once and linking the Sniper pack once.

Speaking of the Spy pack, we finally get another knife for the Spy.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:52:54 pm by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

I'm trying to get through to the winner list, but it isn't loading :\ I think it's being swamped...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

The gasman won't load for me, the rest of those are pretty sexy, I'm pissed my computer picked now to blow up.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 774