Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814785 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Now for Mac! "Get in here!"
« Reply #3825 on: June 28, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

It's not that hard. If you pay attention you can tell when the soldier is shooting. The AB effect lasts for about a quarter of a second, so you AB at the same time they're firing or even a lil bit earlier and their point blank rocket is caught in it.

Course, at this point it's a mix of luck+skill versus luck+skill, so results will vary.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 28, 2010, 04:05:01 pm »

Luckily, I'm the goddamn Psychic Pyro as far as airblasting is concerned. I have inhuman deflection abilities at times.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: June 28, 2010, 04:08:35 pm »

Luckily, I'm the goddamn Psychic Pyro as far as airblasting is concerned. I have inhuman deflection abilities at times.
You don't have to be psychic when you're against a soldier that jumps before shooting or one that shoots right after reloading. :D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 28, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »

That's why a good soldier makes counter moves, and fires right after the AB, pauses, misses on purpose, etc.

Unless the pyro is on to you, and you circle around eachother for half a minute before anyone makes a move. Awesome :)

So I tried some ninjaneering, and it works quite well. Setting up teleporter exits behind enemy lines is another one of my favourites.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: June 28, 2010, 04:50:23 pm »

Pyros can AB faster than soldiers can shoot now, but if you're taking on good ABing pyros, you're a great soldier. ;D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »

It's hard, because I don't have a shotgun, so I don't have a choice. They're fast, but I can rocket-jump away :)
Death from above!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: June 29, 2010, 01:18:25 am »

just attack AB pyros from Above

99.9% of the TF2 community doesn't even bother to look up , only forward and back

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: June 29, 2010, 03:27:47 am »

99.9% of the TF2 community doesn't even bother to look up , only forward and back
Actually, that's people in general. It's a problem in game development, there has to be something loud and/or blinking hanging from the sky before most people take a look. I remember the developer commentary saying that people aren't accustomed to looking up as danger almost never comes from the sky in the real world.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:32:22 am by LASD »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 29, 2010, 03:31:27 am »

Unless you're a mouse, but I recently heard, they also don't look up, probably because they actually can't. From an evolutionary point of view, that's kinda weird, but I'm probably missing something here.

At any rate, I was always wondering, whether "people don't look up" was true for RL or only for game design... One step closer to an answer!

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: June 29, 2010, 04:06:42 am »

My friends get pissed because I play fps games aiming at the floor.

I need to try playing soldier again, or maybe scout. I've never played demoman before, I could try those. How do you play demomen anyway? I see so many setups for them, some guys running around with sword, others defending with sticky bombs, and some attacking with them.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: June 29, 2010, 04:25:51 am »

Actually, that's people in general. It's a problem in game development, there has to be something loud and/or blinking hanging from the sky before most people take a look. I remember the developer commentary saying that people aren't accustomed to looking up as danger almost never comes from the sky in the real world.
Except that people have peripheral vision, and aren't just looking at the world through a narrow angle camera.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 29, 2010, 04:36:43 am »

Except that people have peripheral vision, and aren't just looking at the world through a narrow angle camera.

So do TF2 players, if you've got your FOV right. Still doesn't make you look up either.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Team Fortress 2: Going for 6,79 $/€ for a day. "Bloody brilliant!"
« Reply #3837 on: June 29, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »

Today on Steam sale: TF2 for 6,79€/$

Pretty nice deal I must say.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Just 6,79 $/€ for a day. "Bloody brilliant!"
« Reply #3838 on: June 29, 2010, 02:43:10 pm »

Indeed it is, though, if someone can afford it, he/she should go with the orange box.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 774