Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 787315 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Now for Mac! Free weekend on, too! "Get in here!"
« Reply #3660 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:03 pm »

Engie, Pyro, Sniper- in no particular order.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:52 pm »

Soldier...definitely soldier.  It was all I played for like, 2 years.

P.S. I mean I could pull off some crazy shit as a soldier.  I could rocketjump into a wall, fire another rocket into the wall right below me to get even higher.  Unfortunately it's tactical uses were limited.  And I can't seem to pull it off consistently anymore.  Either the timing is changed, or I haven't done it in so long I can't quite get the timing right.

I guess second would be the pyro, and maybe third is a huntsman sniper.  Though sniper is more a screw around class than a serious class.  I get like a 1/6 kill/death ratio with him.  And I have more kills with the shiv and kukri than I have with my bow.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:42:10 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 11, 2010, 08:35:28 pm »

Spy. Also, I read far too many webcomics. I cannot read the word shiv without putting "healing" in front of it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 11, 2010, 08:36:10 pm »

I'd say, I don't know really. I have periods where I focus on one character completely, right now I'm trying to level up my Pyro. Damned airblasting grinding is the worst (actually its hillarious good fun).

I'd probably go Engy first, since I like to buiild stuff. Second would be heavy then thirdly pyro.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3664 on: June 11, 2010, 08:48:25 pm »

I am inept at spy. Even bots see me coming from across the map. I've never completely enjoyed Demo, but I do occasionally find that I can do some damage with him in the right situation, and similar with the soldier.

The Pyro is a bit frustrating. I rarely play as it. The Sniper can be rewarding, but ultimately I use him rarely, and only with the rifle. And, of course, the shiv.

The Heavy and Medic are ok, and as one I'm pretty much constantly near the other.

Now, the Scout is pretty nice. I like the freedom- even though I die a LOT. But my favorite is probably Engie.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 11, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »

I am inept at spy. Even bots see me coming from across the map.
Bot problem. They can hear and smell you, but they have a two second memory on spies.

I generally play soldier and pyro and demo. But mostly soldier and demo because they are the most mobile and damaging classes in the game. They also don't depend on your FPS going into the single digits when attempting a meatshot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

Half a GB left to download! I might actually play this this weekend!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3667 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:48 pm »

I love playing as Spies and Snipers. I'm great with the Dead Ringer. I also play Pyro, Heavy and a little Medic, but I'm not as good at them.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »

I've recently purchased this game. I likeplaying as spies (not real good), snipers (decent), or a soldier.
Add me if ou want by the way, my username is mager56723
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 12, 2010, 02:15:49 am »

I've been using the Scottish Resistance as the demoman. I like being able to not only put out 6 more mines but have half leftover when I blow up everyone on the cap point.

Also, the most annoying class for me to fight as a demo are probably spies and scouts.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 12, 2010, 04:57:02 am »

In the ~5 hours I've played I've leant towards Pyro more, I know it's the "newb" class since you can pretty much just spray, but hey.
I'm okay with engineer, in that it's easy to be a cheapskate and whack a fully upgraded turret in a awesome position. I played as spy briefly and managed to score a flag, after backstabbing 3 people defending the flag, but hey.
Annnnnd I really would like my PC to be able to run it so I can play more, but I can only fit one PCI low profile card and dammit they're hard to find.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 12, 2010, 04:57:09 am »

Pyro. Definitely the pyro. I've grown much better at airblasting (yay mini-crits!) and I am a very good shotgun user. Sure, I die a lot of the times, but I do manage to occasionally:

* Airblast a rocket into a soldiers face at close to melee-range. (...though I take damage as well.)
* Successfully ambush and kill a revved up heavy and survive. (...albeit with single-digit hitpoints.)
* Reflect a sentry rocket into its corresponding engineer and kill him. (...though most likely dying in the process.)
* Leap into a fray and kill or mortally wound everyone. (...though again most likely dying in the process.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 12, 2010, 07:09:15 am »

If you ambush a revved up heavy and survive that's a bad heavy, I don't think you can actually put out enough dps to guarantee a kill.

Also I like playing the scout even though I'm terrible at it. I used to take it seriously but now when I play scout I just relax and enjoy the speed with which I can run around and double jump. Pyro is probably my best class although how I do as it is highly dependant on the circumstances, I also end up getting dominated a lot by soldiers since I loathe to kill them and instead prefer to aim their rockets at nearby squishy enemies such as say the medic healing them.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Cpt.Yorange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 12, 2010, 07:13:58 am »

Heya guys for those of you giving input and keeping a eye on progress for the DFC map for tf2 the discussion will be held here http://www.yorangescustoms.jasbond.com/ to save me fishing through pages of post thank you all

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 12, 2010, 07:20:52 am »

I think with all the nerfs the Pyro is getting, there's really no way to do anything big without dying in the process. They should have some sort of kamikaze firebomb unlockable for her.

I usually play Engineer, switching between offensive and defensive as the game changes. I really miss the custom loadout option in the original TF, where you could be an engineer with a disguise kit and a jetpack or grappling hook... I also miss all the ways a sentry could be upgraded... and two way teleporters... and that one map with the giant nuke...

I'm going to get my EzQuake installation off of my old HD and give it a spin. How similar is "Team Fortress Classic" to the original, by the way? If it's just like it, I'd rather play that. Normally I don't complain about graphics, but when there's no way to tell which team someone's on...

When I'm on Blu in Payload though, I usually play Pyro, though it seems that I can get a whole lot more kills with a Demo or a Spy (dead ringer FTW).
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 774