Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 788770 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

People who care about stats can go suck it. I do suggest you sign up for that TF2 stats thing, the earlier you do the more info you get outta it. I like the wee style hexagon diagram thingy. Fun to know that I SUCK AT ASSISTING BUT OWN AT ADJECTIVES.
Objectives, you fool! OBJECTIVES!

He totally meant ADJECTIVES :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Yeah, like I totally didn't try to find a word that sounded similar to objectives that started with an A. :D

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Ah good! :D

If it doesn't work I'm invading your country.

Just try invading the country whose total military spending is greater than every other country on the planet combined.  ;D
Oh wait,

I meant county.

Please! Please overthrow the county government! They need to stop putting all the money in schools and put it in more important things, like fixing the sidewalks  :P

(and no, I am not telling what county I am from.)

Volater, did they do unneccessary work in your county too? They tore up a perfectly fine road outside my house, rebuilt it, painted it then tore it up again. They just redid it the year before that too, if I remember right.

I think they either were forced to spend whatever stimulus money quickly or they decided to do everything twice so they could skim the profits, or just to make the plan look like a failure due to political leaning. Either way it was pretty stupid and an enormous waste.

Then I drive to the local mid sized city 15 minutes away and suddenly the road looks like it was done sometime in the late 90's.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:12:34 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With that new stat system thing though it might get folks complaining when games turn decidedly not srs bzns.  Some folks may not like their stats tarnished.  Is there any command to maybe suspend the stat tracking when we do something like that?
I don't think that has much of an effect on the stats. Reading through the guidelined the stat-tracking servers should follow, it didn't even ban rtd, so I think melee only and other silly things are fine.

Considering the admin trickery, I think putting a mode on everyone is fine, if it doesn't happen all the time or in the middle of a "serious" match. Putting modes on people you don't know and/or changing their name would be being a dick.

But yeah, having melee-only or anything weird like that (or even talking on the mic) makes it possible to deter people from the server forever. It is really dependant on the attitude the player joins the server with and there's not that much we can do about it. Except get the welcome screen to say something else than "Valve playtest server", which it for some reason started doing lately. But then again, there's people that like being silly and might just favourite the server because they had so much fun "just this one time".

P.S. I'ma bit late to the party, but anyway. Wanted to throw that out.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Yeah, there's a fine line between admin dickery and it being funny. I know I quit the DFC server a few times because admins dicked around. Yet I still come back for the background conversations ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I try not to dick around outside of times when it's just us and it's an arena map and no-one's playing seriously only.

Well, barring humiliation dickery, but I don't do that often.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

But yeah, having melee-only or anything weird like that (or even talking on the mic) makes it possible to deter people from the server forever.

People who do not want to hear people talking on the mic can turn off voice chat, or buzz off. We don't want those kind of un-fun people on your server  >:(
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If everybody else is saying "Melee only", I kind of expect you to follow suit, especially if I call you a gunfag or insult your honor. Same is true if everybody else on your team is one class or using the same unlockable. If everybody's having a party, it's ok to crash it, since parties are stupid, just don't be surprised when the other team starts shooting you on sight. Except Sandvich parties, but in that case you're supposed to go Medic and uber the Heavies.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

You guys started something didn't you?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Heh, he contacted me and asked if we could play, and I said yes. Pretty much all thats happened so far.

Edit: So far we have a team of 8, 2 more need and I think i'll take 2 subs as well.

We have:
Nilocy (TEAMY CAPTAINY)
Charmander
Remington
Von Krieger
Richard
Myroc
Fenrif
Jreengus Occured
Jakkarra

Subs:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:45:14 pm by Nilocy »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I might play, but I'll need to know the times.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might play, but I'll need to know the times.
Same here, but I don't have a mic.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Heh, he contacted me and asked if we could play, and I said yes. Pretty much all thats happened so far.

Edit: So far we have a team of 8, 2 more need and I think i'll take 2 subs as well.

We have:
Nilocy (TEAMY CAPTAINY)
Charmander
Remington
Von Krieger
Richard
Myroc
Fenrif
Jreengus Occured
Jakkarra

Subs:
I cvan play, and I have a  mic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I'm willing.  Of course time date and if any slots are available are factors.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 774