Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814607 times)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless I've posted here before..
I have recently obtained TF2! Huzzah!
Anyway, after spending some time with my friends on a server, I have discovered that my favourite class is..
Ze Medic!

I really do like this game, and I don't understand how I can ever go back to console gaming now..
[I've always loved the PC but the FPS's.. They felt like they were missing something.. Hrmm.. To me at least.]
But TF2 is just.. Great..
And I've been looking at the Fancy Vs Nasty [fake] update, and I was wondering.. How would I go about obtaining the marvellous Detective Noir?
I've downloaded it to replace my selected hat.. But then what?

Collic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm off the top of my head it's a reskin so you'll need to place it in the right folder, steam forums or fpsbanana will show you where. Be aware though, it may not show on some servers due to the sv_pure cvar, I think. I'd give you better advice, but I've never bothered with custom skins myself.

EDIT: I just grabbed it myself and looking at it all you need to do is unrar it (winrar is available from http://www.rarlabs.com if you don't already have it) to: Steam\steamapps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf. Let it overwrite any files and it should work fine. Test it out by creating a server before you go online with it ,because as i said, server settings may stop it from displaying even if it is correctly installed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:03:24 am by Collic »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Yeah, what Duke said. Also, pipes still fire faster than airblasts, a demo can easily out-fire a pyro.
But can he out-fire boooollet?
"We have buffed the Pyro with increased intelligence and tact. This causes bullets being fired at him to start to veer away due to his intelligenting them away."

The pyro shall now outsmart boolet.
Meet the Psychic Pyro?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Collic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, what Duke said. Also, pipes still fire faster than airblasts, a demo can easily out-fire a pyro.
"We have buffed the Pyro with increased intelligence and tact. This causes bullets being fired at him to start to veer away due to his intelligenting them away."

Meet the Psychic Pyro?

hudda hudda hudda ?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Meet the Psychic Pyro?

hudda hudda hudda ?
HUDDAH HUDAAAAAAAAHH! (Warning: Metal Gear Solid 2 spoilers for those who still haven't played through it)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Update has hit:

Flamethrower changes
   -Increased base damage 10%
   -Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)
   -Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit
   -Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Team Fortress 2
- Fixed a case where the Spy could start taunting and cloak at the same time

I hate you Valve, I hate you I hate you I ha-

- Flamethrower changes
- Increased base damage 10%
- Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)

I Love you Valve!

- Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit

Ok.

- Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%

Sounds good...

EDIT but not really edit: Damn ninja...

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

I like the flare change, but the rest seems like they are doing a complete 180 on their previous changes.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pyros are pretty much the same as normal except now flare guns are useful, and their airblasts are still way too strong.

Overall, People should be happy about this.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Cool- The afterburn is important for the pyro, in regards to spies. Also the flare gun crits actually give him a pretty powerful weapon. The airblast should make up for the loss in damage as well. This seems better; maybe we'll see if people start complaining (not likely the pyros though).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Didn't the flare gun already fully crit on burning people? Or was it minicrits?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't the flare gun already fully crit on burning people? Or was it minicrits?

neither?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I didn't think it did...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

It did at least minicrits. I know this from having used it alot. I'll have to experiment with it again.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It did at least minicrits. I know this from having used it alot. I'll have to experiment with it again.

Maybe on your server?
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 774