Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814804 times)

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heavy Update:
Removed all guns, foods, and fists from the heavy. He now moves 200% faster.

This update is to encourage heavies to use their sheer girth to push enemies off of high points in order to kill them with cumulative fall damage.

Fast heavy with no weapons but fatty push? HELL YEAH. VALVE MAKE IT SO.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Spies Cloak has been replaced with a partial-cloaking device, and the knife now does crits on a backstab, instead of instant kills.

The revolver does double damage, but fires 50% slower, and is half as accurate. The sapper is now thrown instead of placed, and does not damage the sentry and buildings, but simply disables them for five seconds.

The changes allow the spy to make tactical choices more efficiently, the cloak no longer completely protects you, and you must use it while the enemy is distracted, the sapper and revolver buffs now allow the spy to use both items in tandem to take down buildings, the new knife mechanic was added due to players complaining the knife was overpowered compared to other melee weapons, and forces spies to ensure that their target is truly distracted before going in for the kill.

The disguise kit was buffed to allow 10% damage reduction, at the cost of only allowing disguises in the Demo, Soldier, Spy, Pyro and scout varieties, they are also only seen to wield their respective melee weapons. This forces spies to think more appropriately to the situation, and stops them from being to use their disguises to fool players too easily, while the damage reduction causes them to be more survivable from spychecking.
That sapper change actually doesn't sound too bad(though the rest does). More like how it's used in Meet The Spy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

Scouts now have a walking speed of zero. However, they have unlimited jump capabilities(triple jump, quadruple jump, and so on).

... actually that would be quite fun.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

That would be useless, they couldnt leave spawn.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Heavy Update:

This update is to encourage heavies to use their sheer girth to push enemies off of high points in order to kill them with cumulative fall damage.

Also announcing the new item: Heavy drawn carriage. Equippable to the heavies main weapon slot, it allows him to use his newfound speed and girth to transport teammates. One of any other class can ride the carriage, which the heavy pulls with his mighty teeth.

This is to balance out recent changes which removed all other items from the heavy, and encourages using heavies as beast of burden, which is a core facet of heavy tactics we feel have been neglected up till now.

In the future look for the heavy dispenser pack back-pack: Make those lazy heavies carry your stuff for you!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The backpack, once empty, can also hold a medic.

HeavyMedic is MasterBlaster!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Heavy Update:

Also announcing the new item: Heavy drawn carriage. Equippable to the heavies main weapon slot, it allows him to use his newfound speed and girth to transport teammates. One of any other class can ride the carriage, which the heavy pulls with his mighty teeth.

This is to balance out recent changes which removed all other items from the heavy, and encourages using heavies as beast of burden, which is a core facet of heavy tactics we feel have been neglected up till now.

In the future look for the heavy dispenser pack back-pack: Make those lazy heavies carry your stuff for you!
Another new change. Heavy is now able to equip Dentures (Level 5 Teeth) to his melee slot, which will allow him a melee attack at the cost of forcing him to drop his carriage. He can only get a new carriage by reclaiming the one he dropped or grabbing one from the cabinet or garage at the spawn. This is to balance the heavy's lack of melee, which he happens to be ideally suited for with his new speed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

You know what, we just decided to return the heavy to normal, and make an entirely new class to mess around with.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

You know what, we just decided to return the heavy to normal, and make an entirely new class to mess around with.

Scratch that, we decided to rebrand the game as heavy fortress 2. All classes are now heavies.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am heavy weapons spy. And this, isn't my weapon.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heavy Heavy Weapons Guy has a minigun that shoots flaming crockets.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Heavy Engineer has a level one sentry with Sasha and Natasha mounted on it. And he builds by yelling at it, calling it a tiny weakling.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

lol, I smell a mod.

And there was a thread that actually suggested making backstabs crit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Heavy Sniper is exactly what we have in TF2 now, only the minigun has a tightened cone and 50% crit rate.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Heavy doctor wears chef hat and wields buckets of BBQ chicken.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 774