Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 814886 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahah, Valve answered the MMO-complaints in their new patch. In the same gfc-files where people found the weapon modifiers and the hats now reads:
Code: [Select]
// TF2 MMO
"TF_MMO_LFG" "Looking For Group"
"TF_MMO_Quest1" "You must kill %s1 %s2 to complete this quest."
"TF_MMO_Monster1" "Boars"
"TF_MMO_Monster2" "Rats"
"TF_MMO_Monster3" "Bats"
"TF_MMO_Monster4" "Wolves"
"TF_MMO_Monster5" "Spiders"

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile

I vant you to keel seex snow moose.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Eye vant yoo two keel feeftee scauts weeth blautsaughar.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something me and a couple of friends found out is that the syringe gun/blutsauger can be used as artillery instead of direct fire. Just practice a bit on an empty server with a spotter to see where they land. 3 medics arround a dispenser near B on gravelpit can make the blue spawn a nightmare for putting down engineer crap and occasionaly kill something too.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Demomen are a bit more effective at that, no?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Actually no. Syringe spam is pure hell. They are hard to notice and usually hit you en masse, while demo's bomb come in slow 4s and you can dodge them easily.

A good medic can kill engies hiding behind their sentries without being seen by the sentry on certain maps/locations.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

A good engy wont let the medic do that.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

A good medic will have the engie killed before he realizes what's going on.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

A good engie would have their machines protect their fragile flesh body from the needles.
 Then again, in such a state they are sniperbait.

Alas, my firing is too spread out to be effective at this. What mouse sensitivity do you guys use? It always shifts between too fast to stay on a moving target, and too slow to take down spies who sidestab me while I fumble about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

A good engie would have their machines protect their fragile flesh body from the needles.
 Then again, in such a state they are sniperbait.

Alas, my firing is too spread out to be effective at this. What mouse sensitivity do you guys use? It always shifts between too fast to stay on a moving target, and too slow to take down spies who sidestab me while I fumble about.
I'm an engie player first before all. An aggro engie nevertheless. But whenever on defense in a classic engie setting, ie, sentry next to dispenser, people do surprise you, be it a spy, a medic, or a sniper. The most classic setting with sentry-engie-dispenser is a spy treat. The second classic setting with engie sitting on top of the dispenser is also a spy treat and possibly a sniper treat.

Prolly the reason I avoid those trappings with my engie.. I tend to shove sentries up to their face and keep my dispenser near the battle for other players to use. I rarely build engie bases, which normally suck on giving points and also aren't very fun.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I only do that myself on defend CP maps, where you really need to be there all the damn time to keep those things alive.

Otherwise I'm always trying to be too clever with teleporters.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

I'm a career medic. I for one know that it's bloody impossible to kill an engy near a dispenser before he notices he is taking damage and legs it.

So yes. A good engy wouldn't let a medic do that.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

You're a sucky medic then.

Even I who don't like playing medic killed engies by their dispenser and sentry by syringe arc of death.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

of course, not everyone on TF2 plays it regularly or plays engie regularly. You might just be getting lucky and facing bad engies or just lucking out with your shots.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

of course, not everyone on TF2 plays it regularly or plays engie regularly. You might just be getting lucky and facing bad engies or just lucking out with your shots.
Yeah, well, with luck you can do anything. But in some maps I already know where to stand to get the typical engie position with a syringe gun without being seen. If you don't kill him, at least you distract him and whoever is close to him. I don't remember if syringes damage engie buildings, but I've never destroyed one with a medic myself, so yeah.

I'm also so used with playing demo (my 2nd fav class) that I think I might have an advantage when imagining the syringe arc before shooting. It certainly helped with the pyro's flare, which is one of my fav weapons in the game.

Edit: Stats, if you wanna take look. http://steamcommunity.com/id/soulwynd/stats/TF2

Bleh, I hate it how my client stats do not match up with the steam stats somehow, I should screenshot it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:42:02 am by Soulwynd »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 774