Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815546 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: WAR! update! "Heads..."
« Reply #1965 on: January 01, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »

Or to put it another way any projectile affected by gravity.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 01, 2010, 03:53:15 pm »

And yeah, if not for invisible walls momentum could be easily kept. As it stands the invisible walls keep players from flying all over the place and maintaining their momentum.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 01, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »

And from standing on half of the clearly visible rooftops.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 02, 2010, 09:12:22 am »

That little house on ctf-doublecross is the most annoying. I always hit it when I jump ot the enemy base. It always sends me falling down the ravine or in front of someone with a huge sword.
Benzene on steam.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 02, 2010, 06:53:39 pm »

That little house on ctf-doublecross is the most annoying. I always hit it when I jump ot the enemy base. It always sends me falling down the ravine or in front of someone with a huge sword.
That somehow sounds familiar... but somehow also not... hmm...
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 02, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »

That somehow sounds familiar... but somehow also not... hmm...

It sounds like Halo.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1971 on: January 05, 2010, 11:26:10 pm »

Hey, let's all rock some awesome Engie Update Suggestions! I'll start!

- Appros to somebody, don't know who; the Coward Masher, a wrench that swings slower, does less damage, and here's the good part, unmasks spies. Best used to hit that suspicious looking engineer who just happens to be your twin brother, when you're nice and close to your sentry.

- Ammopult: Uses your metal supply to shoot ammo boxes at your allies. Much like the medigun's healthful glow, this allows you to follow friends up into the breech.

- Vaccum-gun: Sucks up pickups from far away, and pulls stickies off of surfaces. Use this to unmine an area, or collect ammo for launching with the ammopult. I don't really like this one myself, though. It might just work.

Buildings:

-Sapsucker Turret:
 Shoots sticky pine sap at enemies, slowing them down (and, incidentally, making them leave footprints even if cloaked). Does no damage, but this combined with a regular turret, or perhaps a pyro or sniper, is quite effective. Use it to prevent flag escapes as well! Engies that see an enemy turret like this attack a spy have a small chance to say "Sentry sappin mah Spy!
 Sap goes away much like fire. Come to think of it, sap is kinda flamable, but even if it just reset the timer on it, that would be a little crazy...

Crit-o-spencer:
 Similar to a dispenser (replacing it), this is a dispenser that grants all allies within radius increased odds of a critical hit/minicrit depending on level.

Dispence-o-bang:
 Enemy spies see a regular dispenser; you and your allies see a cardboard box full of dynamite with a dispenser drawn on the front. It explodes a few moments after being shot, or instantly when sapped. While mean to spies, the engy must sacrifice regular dispensers to build this.

Spring pad: Replaces teleporter entrance and exit; a single, glowing platform that shoots allies up into the air. In this way, you might surprise the enemy with a squad of heavies bouncing over the roof.

Landing pad: Similar to the spring pad, this allows units to land without falling damage. This is not as useful as it might seem; usually fall damage is only around 10-20 points anyway. Occasionally, this would be useful to open up a new route.

Achievements:

Time to kill (or Just Killn' Time): Kill someone with a taunt while Ubercharged, or possibly, with less than a second left in the match.

Turret of Terror: Use a turret to get revenge, then use the same turret to dominate that player.

Return of the turret: Unsap a turret and have it kill the spy who did it, 25 times. (maybe more)

Plan C: (like Plan B, he he ha ha) Kill 50 enemies without having any buildings

Comments:

I kinda like the guitar. It's just sooo weak the way you describe it. I'm not saying it has to be unbalanced, but some neat ability would be nice. And an engineer unable to repair, let alone build, is just a little out there. It could work, maybe.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 06, 2010, 12:02:40 am »

Heh, the spring pad and the dispence-o-bang sound like barrels of fun.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1973 on: January 06, 2010, 12:05:28 am »

The engy needs a CROWBAR.
Just because it'd be COOL

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 06, 2010, 12:24:53 am »

OH SNAP

Cowardbar: you can use it to lever that tricksy mask off the face of that spy with one hit.
I like it!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1975 on: January 06, 2010, 12:25:55 am »

OH SNAP

Cowardbar: you can use it to lever that tricksy mask off the face of that spy with one hit.
I like it!
YOU MADE MY IDEA SOUND AWESOMER

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 06, 2010, 12:33:28 am »

1 night of downloading should be all I need till I can start actually getting in on these events you people spam me with and cause X3 to minimize.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 06, 2010, 01:10:21 am »

Pet Sentries: 1-3 weak sentries that follow people around and help them fight(Or latch onto them?) By weak I mean around 5-6 damage every half second.

Pet Dispensers: 1-3 weak healing/ammo-regening dispensers that follow people around as well.

Pet Speedispensers: 1-3 dispensers that just increase speed by 20% or something.

The list could go on with little bots that follow you around and help you out. Most of these were thought of because they're making working bots and I'm guessing that the engy will have something incorporated with those bots. I mean come on, he could make a robot.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 06, 2010, 01:43:42 am »

I suspect that it would be very, very difficult to balance the ability to create entire new players. For one thing, even if the bot is very weak, you're still doubling the number of places you can be, number of times you have to be shot, and so on. Then you consider the fact that a poor player that builds a bot will have no more of an effective bot than a highly skilled player will.

I kinda like robots that latch on to enemies, if only so you can unleash a sentry to sap spies... but I prefer my sapsucker.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 06, 2010, 01:58:33 am »

I have a feeling the engie update will have an alternate to the toolbox, where instead of placing individual things in different areas, you get to place down one all-in-one base. A sentry that also acts as a dispenser. The upside of this is that you don't have to place down and build the things separately, that it can be put down and upgraded quickly with less metal. You can set up a defense on the go. The downside is there are no teleporters and you can't place the sentry and dispenser in different areas for maximum affect.

All these wacky ideas are too out there. The will require to much input and time on valves behalf,  Valve doesn't want to put in effort for something that won't make them many sales and dollars. They will do something that is easy, yet will be different enough to the original for people to like it.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 774