Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 815856 times)

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Accursed ninjaing.  :P

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that the grenade is his fourth secret weapon.

Edit: I knew 'asumming' looked weird.
Nope, it was confirmed to be his tauntkill.

This weapon also has the Soldier's associated kill taunt. When you taunt with the Equalizer he will toss the weapon aside, remove one of his chest grenades, and blow himself and any enemies nearby sky high. (The taunt anim plays at a slow speed like other kill taunts, so it isn't trivial to pull it off. The damage radius is very tight as well.)

Just to clarify, that's from an e-mail sent to the original designer by the TF2 team.
Oh, cool.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Melee is going to be so fun.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Demo's 4th will probably replace grenades.

I'm hoping (no longer thinking it'll happen) that they'll give both a 4th weapon, and maybe surprise us at the last minute with the engy update.

[EDIT:] And yeah. Whoever said the stuff on the Monkey page would be the weapons, you were right. The last one (the explosion) is either a hint at a 4th weapon, referencing the Soldier's new taunt, or was just for fun.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:36:49 am by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

YOURS IS THE PICKAXE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS

And...hmm.  If it's a weapon that EITHER class could get.  Umm...  Replacement secondary that makes the primary weapon ALSO set people on fire, or also be radioactive, or god-knows-what?  I mean, they both explode so yeah, something that changes that could work for both.

Also, it's pretty awesome to know that not only do they actually read the suggestions forums, but they go and quietly implement a lot of the stuff they read about and playtest it to see if it works.  The answer in most cases is "no it doesn't", but still, cool!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:28:52 am by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

War's almost over, guys. Go check the blog, they end it at noon pacific.

Since that's Valve time, the war ends sometime in the next 6 hours.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

*Obscenities*
 And I'm halfway through watching The Secret of NIMH! Dammit, they should know I can't just put a classic down!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

WAR is over! Heavy wins!
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WAR is over! Unknown female model wins!
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR is over! Winner unknown. Update coming later today!
« Reply #1629 on: December 17, 2009, 04:08:04 pm »

It's scout's mum.

She's got it going on.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The WAR is over! Winner unknown. Update coming later today!
« Reply #1630 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:16 pm »

Next thing you know Pyro will be doing something with her in the Engineer update.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 17, 2009, 04:46:19 pm »

So now the only class still waiting for an update is the engineer, the only videos left are meet the medic and meet the pyro. Almost done! I wonder what will come after that...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 17, 2009, 04:47:00 pm »

Guard Dog and the relevant updates?

Edit: Also, I just caught Robin Walker after he landed in the nearby bushes. Apparently he was launched away by a recent explosion and needed some help. In exchange, he revealed to me how this is all going to go down.

While he was adamant on keeping who the winner was a secret(He kept on saying strange things like "Not even I'm sure now."), he said that there would be a big reveal on who the winner is. They would say a few words of victory, and look around for their weapon. Then the other guy comes and blows him away with the superweapon. And judging that the weapon blew Robin Walker all the way out here, I'm guessing it's a low-damage super knockback weapon.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:53:03 pm by Duke 2.0 »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 17, 2009, 08:02:20 pm »

Don't forget all the hats and blueprints they're going to add.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 17, 2009, 08:29:21 pm »

Update is out!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 774