Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 791216 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I have this game but I can't play it right now... Fucking utorrent... I miss my Pyro.

Hey pirate scum, how about you actually buy the game? It's fucking $20.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

Just so you know, I own the game legally and would never pirate anything from valve. It's not even my torrent running preventing me from playing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People tend to not appreciate it when you get on the server with a four-digit ping.
I'm actually quite astounded that still happens these days, unless you're trying to transport data via smoke signals.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

What does uTorrent have to do with running TF2? (Other than piracy)

A torrent works by trying to connect to other users constantly, TF2 works by maintaining a connection to the server. So the torrent ends up sucking up all the bandwidth and you get a ping that makes a 56k user laugh at you.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One guy in this thread didnt turn it off because he wanted something off that torrent badly, the other one because he had no control, somebody else is obviously sucking on the same intertube.

The thing is... I dont know where you have to live, or how you have to configure your torrent client, that it still manages to fuck up your connection to a gameserver. that really shouldnt happen anymore these days.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

So why don't you turn it off?

Because it's my brothers and I don't wanna be a dick.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

And here we see the revelation. If only people were more precise in their conversations, then we wouldn't be constantly involved in these kinds of misunderstandings.

Hey, do you want to come along?
Come along where?
We're going to a party.
What party?
Elaine's birthday party man!
Now?
Yeah, now.

Can now be!

Hey, want to come to Elaine's birthday party now?
Sure.

Likewise, Sniper Joe could have avoided looking like a perversive pirate if he had simply said:

I have this game but I can't play it right now... I wish my brother would stop leaving uTorrent on all the time on the computer... I miss my Pyro.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Actually I don't see why it would matter anyway, all it takes is for someone to see "torrent" then they disregard the rest of the text and jump on you for pirating. The kind of person that complains about that isn't going to believe you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I torrent for a torrent.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I have transcended torrents. You lowly fools are merely worms in my divine eyes. P2P? Hah! Childs play. Enlightenment in file transfer leads back to full circle, bringing us to the ultimate forum in which only the truly worthy can access. From there we (Royal) bask in our stable 3mb/s download speeds from which we are able to finish downloading 1080i episodes of House 30 minutes after its showing alongside complete and total file transfer invisibility.

Hear me mortals, you are but far... far below our realm, constantly plunging into risk after risk, exposing your IP and transfer rates for all to see. When the great cleansing comes in the form of black suited individuals, only those who believe in a higher order will survive.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Muahahahahaah!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

We should get back to TF2 now... ON that note, what does everyone think of the Blutsauger? Is it possibly the best unlock weapon in the game due to having no real drawback, or is it just keeping medics from doing their job?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I torrent for a torrent.

I heard you liked downloading, so I put a torrent in your torrent so you can download while you download.

As for Blutsauger, I only just got that recently and yeah it is pretty nice, at least in theory.  I'm not a great shot with it but I have killed some scouts with it on Well recently.  I think the original gun is a bit weak, and could be improved if healing also contributed to your crit chance--so heal a heavy up from almost dead, then get a lot more crit needles for a little bit.

As for "doing their job", medics can't always be healers.  When you just stepped out of spawn and realize that your last cap point is open and needs defending, or when your pet heavy dies, it's important that you can run over and sit on that point and actually defend it!  Sure you're weak against most other classes or skilled players, but it CAN be done.  The blutsauger makes medics more useful when they're forced to defend while waiting for backup.

Pathetic ammo and clip still makes it not feel overpowered, to me.

And if you want to talk about anything overpowered on a medic...well, I was my TFC clans' medic, and I was used to capturing the flag solo and almost unchallenged while the whole rest of my team defended.  When conc grenades got nerfed I stopped playing, because the medic was SO overpowered beforehand that it was hard to go back.  :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:49:42 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love both syringe guns. They shoot pretty similar to a paintball marker, so I was comfortable with them right away.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 774