Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 790570 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Meat Vs. Match update! "Look, this isn't a banana simulator"
« Reply #11490 on: August 21, 2016, 11:44:10 pm »

I'm a bit amazed that that trick still works. -_-

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Meat Vs. Match update! "Look, this isn't a banana simulator"
« Reply #11491 on: August 22, 2016, 12:56:47 am »

Tip: you can't initiate a votekick on yourself, so the correct time to strike is when the hacker changes their name to yours. This way, there is no chance of accidentally picking an innocent player from the list.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: August 22, 2016, 07:55:04 am »

Yeah that's what I did. You can also apparently use the "status" command on the console to find their unique steam ID and ask to kick that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: August 22, 2016, 11:05:31 am »

well yeah, and all the good players instantly switching wasn't my experience on quickplay. and even though it sometimes happened, systems could have very well been put into place to make it harder.

and anyway, teamstackers won't get separated from eachother in the first place in casual mode, because they're in a party.

Teamstacker seems like a poor word choice there, it seems you're just talking about people being in a party. I'd define stacking teams as what happens when a good player speculates on which team is going to win and switches to it, which is impossible in casual (from what people have said here anyway, I haven't tried it). Also, autobalance breaking up actively stacked teams never happened, because a person could join spectator and wait a couple minutes to switch to the winning team again.

One thing that I think would bother me about casual (though I'll probably never try it while the server browser exists, I never trusted quickplay either) would be not being able to switch onto the losing team. Those are the fun matches, when you get to actually turn things around, and as much as people complained about getting autobalanced, I think I almost always ended up glad when it happened to me. Seeing your teammates winning with their minisentries and heavies and plastic-tier puff pyros, so cock sure, and not being able to shit in their milkshake, that would drive me crazy.
The problem players were usually those that were playing together anyway. And still, this could have been implemented with more rigid conditions to switch teams without completely fucking up the way most players played the game.

And I never used quickplay either. I always just looked for valve servers with the server browser.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: August 23, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »

If you're having issues with parties wrecking you, we could play together.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: August 23, 2016, 09:45:36 pm »

I have fewer issues with parties then I do where one team has "that guy" with 230+ points, while the  highest other player on their team is 30~. Can't do anything about that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: August 23, 2016, 09:58:06 pm »

I haven't seen it get that extreme except when that player is a) a sniper and b) hacking. You could try and get them kicked at that point.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:28 pm »

The most recent occurrence I remember was a 24/7 turbine server, where 200+ scores aren't uncommon for the psychotically devoted and those good enough to enjoy playing long enough to get that many points.
It was a scout, fully kitted out with cosmetics. Skins, stranges, the whole nine yards. Someone with enough expendable income to blow, and enough time to get very good or have as-of-yet undetected hacks.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: August 23, 2016, 10:08:55 pm »

Oh sure if points carry over between rounds it just takes persistence. Good scouts are a thing you see every now and then.

I do think that CTF maps are more vulnerable to being dominated by one good player (and are kindof bad in general for other reasons).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:20 pm »

Turbine is my favorite map for just messing around. It doesn't have that absurd chokepoint that 2fort has.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11500 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27:15 pm »

Turbine's the best deathmatch map, in opinion. I would never say it's a good map, but it's better for mindless DM than the other popular choices like harvest and hightower. There are a lot of things that make it awful, but the simple mid that's like the diet version of granary can be fun to jump around on as scout or soldier, and the sightlines make it easy to snipe in.

I have no idea why it got made an official map, though. There's just so little to it, even aesthetically.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »

Yeah the middle is quite a nice space for just fighting. I feel like it has something of a de facto chokepoint if you're actually going for the intelligence though. Trying to fight your way past the entire enemy spawn is really tough and the vent route is fairly hopeless because you generally just drop down straight into the sightline of sentries. That leaves the "Main Hallway" which becomes a ridiculous mess. I've actually found that I didn't have enough ammo to fight through it a couple of times, even when I had a medic backing me up to make health not an issue.

In general it's really hard to score on CTF maps unless one team is very dominant, I guess that's what makes them appeal as a "deathmatch" option.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:32:58 pm by Leafsnail »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: August 23, 2016, 10:39:46 pm »

Like i care about winning games anymore. :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:11 pm »

Actually thinking about it the ammo distribution is terrible.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: August 24, 2016, 12:41:01 am »

Actually thinking about it the ammo distribution is terrible.

Yeah, two boxes a side, one normal, one small I think. Engineers are an absolute necessity on Turbine for that reason.
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 774