Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 811327 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I DON'T CARE 12 DORFS NOW

Hard work pays off
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Uh, what specifically would break if it had 12v12? It would just be rather chaotic, like it's TF2 equivalent.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

It's balanced around the whole idea of six vs six with interchanging. I am fairly certain that if there was more than just six on a team, that balance would be toppled. Anyway that's not really discussion for the TF2 thread so shhh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

I don't know that it would be exactly broken.  Look at it like this.  Multiple heavies supported by multiple medics has been the win button strat in TF2 pubs for literally years and yet almost no teams actually do it.  Like sure, the optimal strat would probably be something like 12 Winstons, but like.  How often is that going to actually happen?  You'd need bigger maps, and less turret/choke friendly setups.  But besides that it could probably work.

Its more that Blizzard isn't going for that kind of experience in Overwatch.  They have a vision of a competitive 6v6 shooter and they're sticking to it.  And to their credit, let's say that 12 Winstons is horribly broken in 12v12.  They gotta do something about that.  But doing something about that might be to the expense of their 6v6 main show.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

#TeamHeavy
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

#Mmph

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

#TeamPyro

pyro desperately needs balancing pls volvo ;-;7

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I don't know that it would be exactly broken.  Look at it like this.  Multiple heavies supported by multiple medics has been the win button strat in TF2 pubs for literally years and yet almost no teams actually do it.  Like sure, the optimal strat would probably be something like 12 Winstons, but like.  How often is that going to actually happen?  You'd need bigger maps, and less turret/choke friendly setups.  But besides that it could probably work.

Its more that Blizzard isn't going for that kind of experience in Overwatch.  They have a vision of a competitive 6v6 shooter and they're sticking to it.  And to their credit, let's say that 12 Winstons is horribly broken in 12v12.  They gotta do something about that.  But doing something about that might be to the expense of their 6v6 main show.

It's not even broken unless the other team is retarded and keeps running five snipers. A couple Roadhogs and Reapers would clean house vs a Winston comp.

I'm not happy to see this come to TF2, either. It was always a casual shooter, that's why it's good, you can just sit back and fuck around without feeling like you're terrible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm struggling to think of a worse possible pair of candidates. I guess I'll just throw my vote away on a third party (I hear Stein has some interesting views on minisentries).

Now I'm trying to think of which one is hillary and which is trump. "It costs $400,000 to run this campaign for 12 seconds..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:34:26 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Small loan of a million buffs
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Update is out. Dem balance changes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

The Righteous Bison
Fixed a bug causing players to be hit by the same projectile multiple times, causing the damage dealt to vary wildly
Didn't this used to be a feature? Did it become a bug when they fixed it? :P

EDIT: Hmm, looks like they tried to make Pyros into counters to Medics.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:45:10 pm by Egan_BW »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

I'm already horribly emotional that I have to actually commit time and effort to joining a "casual" game. Will make me think twice about opening and playing TF2. I miss Valve pubs and the old quickplay already. No, I'm not gonna touch community servers, the server browser is way too much effort and non-Valve pubs are 99% shit.

I mean seriously, what the fuck, why is quickplay gone? This is horrible. Suppose I don't want to use community servers. This has the following consequences: I can't choose the map I want to play on anymore, or even the game mode. I can't pubstomp. I can't kick idiots. I can't stop playing when I'm interrupted without bad consequences. I can't stop playing when I'm bored without bad consequences. I can't stop playing when I don't like the map without bad consequences. I can't fucking play Asteroid anymore. This is all stuff I do regularly, and I can't do this any more.

I don't actually like competitive play, and I'm out of options. I now feel strongly that this has turned out to be the worst update ever.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: many image (click to show/hide)

On the whole, I'd give it 2.5 neatos out of a swell.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:01:19 pm by UrbanGiraffe »
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 774