Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 811299 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Tough break update! "Hey, I was just gettin' started!"
« Reply #11400 on: June 25, 2016, 10:50:28 pm »

Ehhh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: June 26, 2016, 12:13:54 am »

BREAKING NEWS: the Final Stress Test is happening right now.

Long have we waited for this day, it seems we shall not wait much longer. Soon TF2 will officially be neato.

Neato?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: June 26, 2016, 12:35:03 am »

Seriously, I don't get it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:45 am »

Wat?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: June 26, 2016, 05:28:03 am »

One of the devs was asked about the next update recently, all he said was that it's going to be neato. Instant meme.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: June 26, 2016, 06:18:10 am »

And instantly beaten to death by reddit, naturally :<

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: July 06, 2016, 01:05:49 pm »

H A B B E D I N G

i wonder what is going to happen to valve pubs with this new mode. i thoroughly enjoyed valve pubs as they were, despite bs like random crits. this seems like it'll be extremely prone to the good ole bad iron soldier and his medic buttbuddy pubstomping, without even scrambles or autobalance or plain leaving to stop them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: July 06, 2016, 02:10:44 pm »

I would say that TF2 is still one of the best multiplayer FPS games to pub (despite all the obvious problems), and the lack of good pubbing is part of why I don't like overwatch. If the competitive matchmaking is good it'll be worth losing what decent pubs can be found, but I can't see servers found through the browser surviving this for anything but MGE (and I'm curious if valve will continue to host normal servers with this new "casual" matchmaking... given their limited resources and need to host matchmaking servers, I don't think it's likely).

In a way, valve may be shooting themselves in the foot adding quickplay and now matchmaking this late in its life, if it flops. The game wasn't really dependent on valve's continued server support before, except for inventories and the store (which they would have to host anyway), but now if it becomes unprofitable and they need to severely cut back in a few years, it could kill the game for good, since so many community servers have shut down.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:12:31 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: July 06, 2016, 04:01:56 pm »

Man, I might need to get internet access at my new apartment just to play TF2 again...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll be playing a match from start to finish, with actual winners and actual losers.

I'm a bit worried about the quick play option too. The thing I've most enjoyed about TF2 is that winning is just a bonus, I don't really care about it if I play well myself or have amusing things to happen. Overwatch is so competitive that I see myself only caring about winning, which gets me into the Dota 2 mindset which isn't a good place to be.

Even though I haven't played TF2 in a good long while, I like the idea that when I return, it isn't to a bunch of people telling me how I'm playing one of my favorite games wrong and how I should be taking it more seriously.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:26:37 pm by LASD »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

TF2 for me was really about dicking around in a server where at least 6 other people were AFK, spycrabs, or so bad that they might as well be AFK.  Its like, you can be as tryhard or not as you want, the teams will be scrambled at least once every half hour anyway.  And if you spend enough time on the server you get to know the people and establish your own little temporary meta for how everyone is playing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

HWAHAHA.
Yis.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Not seeing how this will improve my experience. Hell, they should add a 12v12 drop in/drop out mode to overwatch.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

(but that doesn't work with the way overwatch is designed/balanced)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

I DON'T CARE 12 DORFS NOW
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 774