Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 811120 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #11175 on: August 24, 2015, 07:02:20 pm »

Wow I'm sorry about posting about an achievement in a game in that game's thread, I won't bother you with my skrubliness again and bask in your skilled glory.

Seriously, is there any reason to take that tone?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: August 24, 2015, 07:17:28 pm »

Whoa dere, I didn't mean it like that. Most of my post was a joke, I tried to calibrate it no further on my 'burning hate' scale than 'playful teasing'. However cynical and love-hate I've gotten around this game, the last thing I want is to make it seem like I'm attacking you or other players. Hell, I know for a fact that I have posts in this thread from a few years ago where I was happy about stranges and items, so really, take anything I say with a mountain of salt (most of which can sourced directly from my tears). Seriously miauw, love your posts, it's part of why I come back to this thread.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: August 24, 2015, 08:18:45 pm »

Degreaser seems a better option for players who like to switch and make the most of their weapons. Standard flamethrower seems the best option for dealing lots of fire damage up close (ie W+M1) and still be able to airblast regularly without burning through all your ammo like with backburner.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: August 26, 2015, 06:34:17 am »

Sorry UG, I shouldn't have reacted that way :x

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: August 28, 2015, 07:30:51 am »

Well, skin trade-ups are now a thing, as is a fairly late gun mettle cosmetic case.
10 weapons of same grade = 1 weapon of next grade.

the cosmetics seem pretty cool, except there's a chance that you'll unbox a banana.

E:
Also, i55 (Team Fortress 2 6s Cup) is this weekend, and DeutschLAN (first HL-only tf2 tournament) is coming up soon too, so GET HYPE.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:42:03 am by miauw62 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:12 am »

Soon TF2 and CS:GO will merge into some holy abomination of hats and wheel guns.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:32 am »

im just happy that i can get rid of my ugly and useless skins :P
now i just need to hope that i actually get enough (ugly) skins to trade them up >.>

backcountry blaster is an ugly-ass fucking skin but it actually looks pretty cool if its battle-scarred.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: August 28, 2015, 08:22:06 am »

Be sure to sell those new crates on the market, they're worth a couple bucks still!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: August 28, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

Be sure to sell those new crates on the market, they're worth a couple bucks still!

Yeah, I got $2.50USD from one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: August 28, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

Insomnia 55 is HAPPENING.

NerdRage and The Last Resort tied 2-2 and Froyo beat Ascent 4-0 so far.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: August 28, 2015, 07:01:04 pm »

The invite matches I've caught have shown some unusually poor performance. I've actually been enjoying the open matches more (CC vs OS was fantastic).

It's a shame TF2 doesn't get the views it used to, especially contrasted to that recent CS:GO tournament.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: August 28, 2015, 07:14:00 pm »

Yeah, I really enjoyed the CC vs Ownage match they broadcasted. Was really close, with some great plays (including a 3-kill crit sticky!!).

Ascent vs Reason wasn't bad either, though,although most of the fighting was on and near last.

It's a shame I won't be able to stay up until 2AM to watch DeutschLAN, though :P

Maybe matchmaking will reinvigorate the TF2 comp scene, especially now they've got a lot of people back into the game via contracts. If they capitalize on that with matchmaking....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:15:40 pm by miauw62 »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: August 28, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »

Yeah, if anyone's looking for a match to watch in the VoDs that stood out, CC vs OS was really close and dynamic (while a lot of the invite matches were unfortunately really one-sided).

The last match there with Ascent and Reason was fun (the Ascent roamer started off with some great plays, and some of the sniping was incredible, like on that medic), but you're right, so much of the match time seemed to be spent with Ascent hopelessly defending last that it was a bit disappointing. Maybe disappointing isn't the right word, looking at how both teams got rolled earlier. It's a shame I'm going to miss so much of the tournament this weekend, but hey, can always watch later.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: August 29, 2015, 08:24:04 am »

Holy shit, Froyo vs NR was an incredibly awesome match.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: August 29, 2015, 11:04:11 am »

I missed that, only saw Froyo vs Reason.
Now it's Reason vs Ascent. Again. ON BADLANDS. AGAIN.

e:

WAIT NR BEAT FROYO?

YES

ZEBOSAI > B4NNY I55 BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

E2:
Ascent vs Reason 2: Electric Spirealoo is much better than their first fight so far

E3:
Wow, Granary ended on a VERY tense note.

E4:

HOLY SHIT THAT LAST DEFENSE ON SNAKEWATER HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT

E5:
HOLY SHIT
REASON BEAT ASCENT WITH 1 SECOND LEFT
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:43:02 pm by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 774