Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Common Sense  (Read 630 times)

fade94

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Common Sense
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:13:49 pm »

I think dwarfs or any race should not pick up a burning object and put it in the stockpile because its common sense and there will be a domino effect.  :'(

Veroule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Common Sense
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:21:40 pm »

Common sense isn't actually all that common.

At some point dwarves will recognize burning things as hazardous and avoid them.  It is on the Dev List, and I think Toady implemented a few underlying pieces of it recently.
"Please, spare us additional torture; and just euthanise yourselves."
Delivered by Tim Curry of Clue as a parody of the lead ass from American Idol in the show Psych.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »

It's pretty obvious that this sort of behavior will be corrected at some point.   

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 07:50:44 am »

I think dwarfs or any race should not pick up a burning object and put it in the stockpile because its common sense and there will be a domino effect.  :'(

I think this technically would fall under the category of a bug. 

But yes, more than one has noticed the AI is kinda lacking and pulls a lot of CPU cycles.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 08:23:42 am »

This game has dragons.  It has been around since 2005.  I don't mean to sound rude, but clearly this must have been noticed before.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember