Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Stupid coal tricks  (Read 35392 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid coal tricks
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:44 pm »

Hey guys, need a Beer Bomb, I made an entree a while ago.
And I am not in the same time zone of the website.

http://dwarvenscience.pbwiki.com/Dwarf-Beer-Bombing-Method

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:09 pm »

another question is does it really need a bin?

also can it start other bins blocks burning and if so from how far away. if it can do it from far enough ocean draining will be stupid simple with a little work even if it only lights to 3 spaces away. if possible you would just drop bins at specific points in the ocean and then nearer land just bombs away and watch them go like dominos.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2009, 12:29:37 am »

though the magic of tweaking in some lava on top of it i bring you this:

lignite and lignite block burning without a bin. i used tweak only to manafest magma in the zlevel above them.

with carefull testing i have also found out that while lignite does not need the bin for protection from lava i have found out that it needs the bin if you want it to be dropped into water. when dropped into water or infact have water come in contact in anyway it stops burning.

together this means that you can use it to burn your enemy without a bin but you need one for taking care of water. also droping a bin into a big area of water will kill your fps seeing as i tried it and it dropped to being 1 or 2 with a paused of 20-30.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

Couldn't you set the temperature to the burning temp of lignite with whatever utility you are using?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2009, 01:10:19 am »

yes but i want to use as little cheating as possible to do this so instead of just say hey let there be fire i go and put it in lava so that could consevably have been done without cheating. after all what good is testing something if it requires cheating to do it. and the program is "Tweak"

Seagoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 07:42:28 am »

hehe, looks like the OP discovered Dwarf Fortress's version of a MILF (Magma Initiated Lignite Furnace)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2009, 10:25:01 am »

Idea just set the block ignite temp to the regular temp so all blocks you make flame on!
also for an actual expirament:
Can burning blocks be used to build walls and such and if so what happens to it?

Airpi

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING:whimsy
    • View Profile
    • I say things. Often.
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:10 am »

You'd need temp-immune dwarves to do that, but I'm interested in seeing the results.
⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ    ⊂(゚ヮ゚⊂⌒つ

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:45 am »

You'd need temp-immune dwarves to do that, but I'm interested in seeing the results.

Or just set them on fire and ther turn temp off?
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:08 pm »

they might not need to be temp immune if they are fast enough. you just need legendary mason put up a wall right on the spot where it is. though to save masons of high level first test with regular masons.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2009, 01:02:46 pm »

they might not need to be temp immune if they are fast enough. you just need legendary mason put up a wall right on the spot where it is. though to save masons of high level first test with regular masons.

in that case you could pul blocks on place, set them on fire, forbid them, claim one, build one wall on same place, clame another one, another wall, repeat
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »

flammable material tricks...

mmm, it's hard to understand because of my extravagent scrawling in ms paint...

but it's a smoke trap near the center.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:36 pm »

dang! apparently while burning stuff is okay to just grab for any dwarf they know enough to not use burning lignite blocks!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »

Designate for use then light?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:47 pm »

that sounds like it could work ill get right on it. oh and im not cheating to do this at all i only cheated before because its so much more difficult to light a block on fire when its over an ocean far out to sea.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14