Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picking up items / Dwarves wounded  (Read 465 times)

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Picking up items / Dwarves wounded
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:34 pm »

Hey, I've been playing DF for a while now and theres still a few things I haven't figured out. One is, how do I move items inside my fortress? I've stockpiles for everything but after killing a goblin ambush my dwarves seem to ignore the items they've dropped, and they drop pretty good things too. I get the feeling a Rhesus will come along and take them soon, if anyone could help me out with it then that would be great.

Also another thing, three of my marksmen have been wounded and are lying on the floor, I presume they're dying. How do I go about healing them?

Thanks.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picking up items / Dwarves wounded
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 04:00:08 pm »

• => [F] => have other dead items not be forbidden

Or just manually reclaim all of the items.

Dwarven healthcare is very hit or miss. Make sure there is an empty bed, and eventually another dwarf will come by and rescue the wounded dwarf.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 04:07:14 pm »

It's showing the mode as f:claim though my dwarves are just running past them D:

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:10:56 pm »

It's showing the mode as f:claim though my dwarves are just running past them D:

That means they ARE forbidden.  "f: claim" means you need to press 'f' to claim them.

If you need to reclaim a bunch of things, the easiest way is d -> B (I think) which lets you spread a Reclaim Designation over a large area.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:59:48 pm »

oh thanks ;D they should hopefully pick up the badass weapons now. All my people are using crossbows and its getting a bit tedious.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:02:05 pm »

It's better to melt down the goblin armor and weapons and have your metalworkers make weapons themselves.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember