Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Criticism of a nation is equal to criticism of a ethnic group within that nation  (Read 26338 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Aye. Which reminds me. Stop blaming all the jews in the world for killing Jesus. There was ONE jew. ONE moron. Jesus' own student. He sold him out to the Romans.

The ROMANS proceeded to kill him. NOT the jews.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Just pour some olive into the fire,
In the same vein, you can defend inquisition, as it's officials never killed anybody. It was always civil authority who handed out the actual execution.
The real problem with blaming Jews for his death is that it was fu***ng 2000 years ago. Sure, let's balme them for Jesus, let's blame all Germans for IIWW, let's blame today's Greeks for Troy. Let's blame them all. There's not enough hatred in the world.

And besides, wasn't Jesus a Jew as well?

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra

If Jews didn't kill Christ, Christanity wouldn't have been as popular as it became, there would be no mystical component in it.

So I don't see how someone can hate them for it, otherwise Christ would just be some cynic forgotten in the tides of time.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that a revealed form of God can have a religon as such.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile

So Christanity is not a religion as such?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I have to agree with yer O.G statement there Corps. Its moronic and childish when a nation hides behind those words which make everyone cower away and ignore the problem.

And this is not turning into a thread for anti-semite arguments! Please, stop this thread derailing now.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Just pour some olive into the fire,
In the same vein, you can defend inquisition, as it's officials never killed anybody. It was always civil authority who handed out the actual execution.
The real problem with blaming Jews for his death is that it was fu***ng 2000 years ago. Sure, let's balme them for Jesus, let's blame all Germans for IIWW, let's blame today's Greeks for Troy. Let's blame them all. There's not enough hatred in the world.

And besides, wasn't Jesus a Jew as well?

No. I cannot defend the inquisition under the same vein. Judas sold out Jesus to the Romans. ONE guy. Not an organized inquisition. He did it for personal gain. The Romans proceeded to arrest and execute him. It's totally different.

The Spanish inquisition was ordered by authority and enforced.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh.

Wasn't Isa (Yeah, I forbid myself from using the other name) is an Aramaic?

But, let's calm down, everyone. Do not make Toady halt off his DF work because of this thread.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't want to sound needlessly argumentative, but from the period of my life(namely youth) when I was religiously indoctrinated, I remember that Judas was just a tool, a guy who was supposed to point at the right person for the guards to arrest. The actual sentence was, supposedly, chosen and executed under the pressure of local(Jewish) religious elites.
When I say "supposedly", I mean that this is what is written in the catholic bible. It's actually clearly stated that the roman judge(Pilate) was reluctant to punish Jesus and finally agreed to do so to please the populace(religious elites).
Hence the popular animosity of certain overzealous christians towards Jews.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Meh. Over in the Jewish Bible, it's not even mentioned. (I haven't seen it yet. But it's PROBABLY mentioned.)

Allow me to remind you people what Christianity is. It's a cult started by Jews. Christians are Jews. Hell even Islam started from Jews. It's no coincidence Christians believe in the same god as the Jews and Muslims.

If Jesus were to stay alive, the cult would be mostly forgotten. So if anything, the Christian people have to THANK Judas for selling out Jesus.

(Entire post made without assuming any of you are Christians. I don't want to insult people by tagging them with religions.)
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Hell even Islam started from Jews
Don't you mean Judaisim? Otherwise, not really, as the first muslims were pagans, and some Jews tagged along.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Yes. I did mean Judaism. Of course, Jews are people who believe in Judaism.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile

I think Islam also borrows heavily from Christanity and not just Judaism.

Before that, praying to an asteroid was the basis upon which they developed the array of similar tribal religions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Islam borrows more than anything from Zoroastrianism, the Missing Link of the Abrahamic evolutionary history.  Monotheists big on redemption, predetermination, and spiritual and material cleanliness.  Christianity got a few elements from it too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OH MY GOD! AQIZZAR, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!

Quote from: Yanlin
If Jesus were to stay alive, the cult would be mostly forgotten. So if anything, the Christian people have to THANK Judas for selling out Jesus.
See, the way the christian faith sees it, it was all according to a plan, so there's no place for blaming him or thanking him. It's all from the believer's perspective, of course.
Quote from: Yanlin
Meh. Over in the Jewish Bible, it's not even mentioned. (I haven't seen it yet. But it's PROBABLY mentioned.)
Well, I thought that you wanted to know where "let's blame Jews for Christ's death" attitude comes from.
Allow me to remind you people what Christianity is. It's a cult started by Jews. Christians are Jews. Hell even Islam started from Jews. It's no coincidence Christians believe in the same god as the Jews and Muslims.
It's a cult started by people who were Jews, ethnically - yes. Christians are/were not Jews in the sense of being part of Judaism faith, as their beliefs and actions were aimed at disassociating themselves from the old faith, which they thought was too much about holding religious offices and social standing, and not enough about spirituality and saving one's soul.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16