Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Criticism of a nation is equal to criticism of a ethnic group within that nation  (Read 26366 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

See, you're doing the hypocrite move by assuming you are correct and that if everybody thought the same as you, we'd have a better outcome.

I don't know why I bother. You will probably pull a "It's different" on me.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who is that post addressed to
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Yes.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra

So, if Turkey attacks the Kurds, I can't call Turkey out on it because I'd anti-Turkish? I can't state that China is attacking Tibet, because doing so would mean that I'm anti-Han Chinese? There's no way I can ever criticize Sudan's actions, because I'd be anti-Sudanese. In all three cases, I would be an irredeemable racist, an evil man, who should be executed for my thought crimes!
While I agree that one can criticise a nation without criticising it's ethnicity I'm not sure am I to be disgusted or amused by the way you squirm when faced with the very thought of yourself being a racist.

But don't worry you're not one of those filthy, evil, unscientific, republicans.
So yeah, you can go back to defending the Israeli nazi regime, fight the good fight!
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, if Turkey attacks the Kurds, I can't call Turkey out on it because I'd anti-Turkish? I can't state that China is attacking Tibet, because doing so would mean that I'm anti-Han Chinese? There's no way I can ever criticize Sudan's actions, because I'd be anti-Sudanese. In all three cases, I would be an irredeemable racist, an evil man, who should be executed for my thought crimes!
While I agree that one can criticise a nation without criticising it's ethnicity I'm not sure am I to be disgusted or amused by the way you squirm when faced with the very thought of yourself being a racist.

But don't worry you're not one of those filthy, evil, unscientific, republicans.
So yeah, you can go back to defending the Israeli nazi regime, fight the good fight!

You do realize I am a Republican?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* IndonesiaWarMinister lols at the ensuing carnage

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra

You do realize I am a Republican?
Nope, doesn't make you less silly either.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, guys, calm down. SC, you have a point. Fishers, you also have a point about the racism thing, although Servant Corps was making a joke about people taking racism way too seriously.

If you can't just settle this peacefully, you'll have to settle it like gentlemen; with pistols at dawn.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Real gentlemen settle this with white gloves at dinner.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

One last thing I would like to say on this subject:

Quote from: President Dwight D. Eisenhower
I believe the people want peace, indeed, I believe they want peace so badly that the governments will just have to step aside and let them have it.
Something to think about.

For those of you who do not know, he started the People to People Student Ambassador Program for that reason.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

The Israeli government have made a full on hash of things with Hamas.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Heh. First hand report time.

Hammas signed a cease fire. A few days later, they violate it.

Yes. That was after the world outcry to stop the war.

Not to mention that just this morning, they fired 3 rockets at us. 2 hit near my house.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seriously hope that you don't get hurt one day Yanlin.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Thanks. As you may know, I already moved my computer to the safe room. (Every house built after I-Don't-Remember-When has one in each apartment. It is bomb proof.) I can't hear the siren anyway with my headphones on.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll say something for your safety, Yanlin.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16