Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trying to merge Legendary Lands, CivilizationForge and Primitivecivs things...  (Read 2128 times)

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So uh, hello and all, my first post here.

I'll try not to make a long boring thread about this so here's the gist of it: I want to make a mod that would merge Legendary lands creatures, civs and items with Civilizationforge, vanilla and Primitivecivs creatures, civs and items.

I've got so far as to successfully create a world, although having a few impoverished world selectors in error log..
not mentioning duplicate objects but that's not a real error as such, I dare assume.

The real problems I need help with are the playable civilizations, or at least the default one since when I was gonna embark I apparently was playing unicorns :| (http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2162/screenshotpn3.png)
I suppose I need to ask YOU (yes, you there) for help in handling the extra creatures off the civilization list.. Also, there are items that only appear as "meat" or "metallic -foo-" in the item list when embarking :(

I know it's not a good job done but I'm still trying to sort it out, I want to do this.

Error list: http://pastebin.com/m41f0f385
What I've done and what I've taken it from: http://www.2shared.com/file/4906826/885832f/merge.html (includes data and raw folders along with LL, CivForge and Primitiveciv zips)

I'm pleading for help. Or at least good advice on what to change.

Dropping this project is not an option.
Quote from: #bay12games
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

Well, looking at the error log, you need to go through and make sure you don't have duplicate creatures or stones or items. Duplicate creatures can really make the game screwy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:19:22 pm by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, looking at the error log, you need to go through and make sure you don't have duplicate creatures or stones. Duplicate creatures can really make the game screwy.
does it matter whether I snip out the first or second entry of the entry in question?
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

If both entries are the same, it should make no difference.

What I'd do is just make a new creatures file, and copy-paste the creatures from the mods into that. It's really nice when mods put new creatures into their own text file to keep them separate from vanilla creatures.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:21:37 pm by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If both entries are the same, it should make no difference.

What I'd do is just make a new creatures file, and copy-paste the creatures from the mods into that. It's really nice when mods put new creatures into their own text file to keep them separate from vanilla creatures.
what should I name the file then? or does it make any difference?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Yes, it does matter. Each file needs to start with the appropriate type. creature_, item_, and so on.

If you're using my Primitive Civs mod, you can just ignore the weapons that come with it, those are already included in the item_weapons file that comes with CivForge.

You'll have to hunt through some basic files to find everything I've added, unfortunately. I'm planning on breaking everything out for the next big version, but for now only some things have their own files.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it does matter. Each file needs to start with the appropriate type. creature_, item_, and so on.

If you're using my Primitive Civs mod, you can just ignore the weapons that come with it, those are already included in the item_weapons file that comes with CivForge.

You'll have to hunt through some basic files to find everything I've added, unfortunately. I'm planning on breaking everything out for the next big version, but for now only some things have their own files.
I don't think I included weapons yet, I've been sorting out duplicate entries for the past three hours :P

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right.

So here I am, after six hours of sifting through bits and pieces.

Lo and behold, it's still not done :|
I no longer get duplicate errors or impoverished language errors. In fact, I get no error log at all! This is good, right?

Anyway, here's the deal: My dwarves don't dig or cut down trees either for some reason, even though picks are made available with axes, and jobs are set and designated. They can tear down the wagon though so I haven't broken EVERYTHING yet.

I'm asking for help again, please help me set this straight.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4909415/ebd86864/merging.html

Includes data and raw folders, I strongly suggest trying them out in a fresh copyof df, they should work as-is aside from mining+tree cutting.

halp :(

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question: What axes and picks are they using? If they're mattocks and War Axes from Civ Forge you'll need to set them to use two weapons to make sure they'll actually use them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question: What axes and picks are they using? If they're mattocks and War Axes from Civ Forge you'll need to set them to use two weapons to make sure they'll actually use them.
copper picks, steel battleaxes, basic starter equipment

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm...and they have the correct labors enabled?

Sorry I can't be more help right now, I can't exactly open up Dwarf Fortress at work to check things out. :)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm...and they have the correct labors enabled?

Sorry I can't be more help right now, I can't exactly open up Dwarf Fortress at work to check things out. :)
yeah I even tried making miner and woodcutter dwarves only, to no avail.

whoo, slept like a log ^^ mere 12 hours :P

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WHOOOO fixed the mining/woodcutting problem, picks and battleaxes required size 10 instead of 5 so dwarves couldnt wield them \o/

I'll give it a swing at play and possibly upload this to DFFD if there's interest.

thanks goes to Nuklearni-okurka in #bay12games

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right.

A new problem has risen to sight.
After playing a couple of years, I got a hobgoblin caravan appear, I was like "whoo new races"

...that is, until I realized I can't trade with them.
....and they're breaking shit in my fort.

AND that they're not handled as hostiles.

Any idea how to fix this?

Pastebin of entity: http://pastebin.com/m637a507f
Pastebin of creature: http://pastebin.com/m11df10e1

halp :(

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly, you can't have friendly races with [BUILDINGDESTROYER], or they spend all their time breaking stuff. I had that problem with my Frost Giants when they moved over from being one of the 'always enemy' races with the version changes in DF.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: [1] 2