Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dumping clothing?  (Read 714 times)

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
Dumping clothing?
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:52:41 pm »

I've got about 20 champion wrestlers, and the floor of the barracks is littered with torn-off clothing. how do I get rid of it? it's not forbidden but I can't dump it, i can't get anyone to put it in stockpile, i can't deactivate the owners of the clothing....

Twad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dumping clothing?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »

same problem here too, the barrack is littered with clothes and so does the metalsmith forge (when they change equipment/clothes).. since they are "owned" items, they cant be dumped IIRC.
So i ask too; how to get rid of it?

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:41:15 am »

Flood the barracks with magma, maybe?
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:41:37 am »

Dump magma on it. [dammit, beaten by seconds]

Otherwise, sorry, it's just going to be stuck there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:20:47 am »

Or if you don't mind slight cheating, couldn't you use dtil to raise the temp in that square until it burns? I haven't tried this.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 01:35:52 am »

The real solution is to remove all the stupid clothing items from entity_default, for every civilization.

It doesn't do anything except clutter the map and act as one more straw on the camel's back of game performance.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 02:20:05 am »

The real solution is to remove all the stupid clothing items from entity_default, for every civilization.

I do this, as well as delete all clothing from the other raws as well, such that the only, say, armor pieces that can be made are plate, chain, and leather.

To compensate I'll up the temperature resistance of everyone so they don't instantly freeze in cold climates. Consider it abstracting away clothing.

On the plus side, you will no longer have clothiers making artifact socks. Any cloth artifact they make will be a bag or a rope, which is something useful.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:55:01 am »

Or, you can give the military dwarves bedrooms with storage like chests and coffers, and in theory they should put stuff that belongs to them away. Also, most of the time giving your dwarves shields to train with will greatly reduce the amount of clothing lying around.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Twad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 12:06:52 pm »

doesnt do any difference since all my military have fully-furnished rooms, thye just leave the clothes where they are dropped, foverer staying there, so they are cluttering the barracks, armor stockpiles and forges.
Same with collected items from nobles; juust my hammerer have about 30 narrow iron boots in her room, all on the floor.. yet she have two chests.

And flooding the place in magma to clean up isnt exactly my idea of "safe"..

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 12:40:12 pm »

Just flood it to 1/7, and let it evaporate.

Or pump water on top and mine out the obsidian.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

galmud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:33:45 pm »

Not much you can do currently except give the soldiers rooms with cabinets. And I think they need to be deactivated to civilians to go store their clothes in their rooms

I usually just hide (press h) littering clothes and stuff so I dont have too see the mess

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:31 pm »

1. Give your soldiers rooms with cabinets.
2. Set your soldiers to 'clothes' as armor preferences.
3. Remove the barracks.
4. If they're not already standing down, do so.

They should now tidy up, I think. If this doesn't work, tell me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

greggbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »

Here's how I solve it.

*  Every dwarf has a 4x4 room
*  No wrestlers  (Try it once you won't miss them)
*  Hide any owned clothing that is on the floor (See no evil, etc)

The only problem comes when your owned clothing falls on a stockpile.  It uses up a stockpile space.
ou have struck Mica!  Now Niki''s gonna kill you!

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 06:47:50 pm »

heh, unfortunately i don't have the time nor space to build rooms or individual cabinets (glass tower with nothing underground except stockpiles). i think i'll just make a magma dump under the barracks :)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »

The clothes on the ground will wear out after about 40 years, so you can just wait, and not get them new clothes.
Pages: [1] 2