Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Escape the dungeon Turn 28 - The end  (Read 25313 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roosters RTD - Escape the dungeon Turn 3
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2009, 08:55:22 pm »

Still taking characters? If you are I'd take a kobold with a missing arm named Sarvish that is hidden under the pile of junk unconscious.  Has a knack for faking his own death/playing dead/making sure he's not the center of attention.  By default he stays back from any fighting and tries to be inconspicuous.  If someone does start to attack him he'll try to dart around other people to cause confusion or if cornered will try to take a nonlethal hit and then fall limp and play dead.
So he's a typical Kobold?  ;D

I don't know if he's taking more people or not. The more players there are, the harder it is to update. Of course, it can also become more awesome.

Anyway, your character sounds like he's going to try and get us all killed in his place.
Good job.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2009, 05:50:13 am »

Jamuk but why an armless kobold?
Anyway you are in but you are the last character to do so. No more spots left ( at least for now).

Anyway 2 Turn on monday morning (in my country)
Anyway 3 I didn't expect a RTD child board WOW  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:58:54 am by Rooster »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2009, 12:16:03 pm »

Jamuk but why an armless kobold?
Anyway you are in but you are the last character to do so. No more spots left ( at least for now).

Anyway 2 Turn on monday morning (in my country)
Anyway 3 I didn't expect a RTD child board WOW  ;D

I was rather surprised as well. And quite happy. I may have to start a new one of my own soon. Been feeling the itch.  :)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roosters RTD - Escape the dungeon Turn 5 - Madness?! This is artifact!!!
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2009, 02:25:48 pm »

Changed my mind. Turn now!

TURN 5!

SHAD0Wdump
I experiment with the local glowing fungi,testing out resulting recipes on some rats.
{Luck:2} You sure would, but you aren't strong enough to rip out one from the ground with bare hands.

Kel the Oblivious
I take the dagger anyways, for utility purposes, and whip myself in a macabre mood, using the depression spawned by being deep in a dank, smelly, claustrophobic cave to fuel it, and proceed to turn the two goblin corpses into a suit of armor!
{Mood:6 = omg!} You suddenly feel the urge to kill, kill, kill and then kill some more , for that you just thought of a great artifact that you would die for!
{Madness:4}You feel that you need fresh blood for the artifact to be complete, and you search for some rats{Luck:6} You pick Mouser as a worthy material!
{Dodge:6} But Mouser runs away. Desperated you decide to manage with only goblin corpses... and create a goblin bone necklace! A man in possesion of this artifact is in constant melancholy and creates an aura of melancholy. Suddenly you feel very very sad.

webadict
I ask the man about him and what he knows.
The only thing you get is that his name is SombreChapaeu and he was kidnapped by slave traders

Vaiolis
Well, I might as well start leading the way! I shall go through the entrance, keeping to the wall in hopes of my small form being nice and stealthy. Oh, I'll also try to keep my ice bee shield from moving and hide it behind me, so if there are any things up ahead, they won't notice it.
{Sight:2} You don't see much. Also you cannot control the bee. It just floats around.

rickvoid
I'm going to try and carve a nice bone helmet from that headless goblin's... head.
As my free action, mouser will follow Vaiolis as backup.
You create a +Goblin bone helmet+ {Learning:6} You become a master bone carver.
Mouser follows Vaiolis.

SombreChapaeu
I attempt to level up and improve my punching by pummeling a wall to death.
You hit wall hard!{Toughness:4} You didn't break your hand, but that definitelly hurt! {Learning:6} You are now novice wrestler!

Org
I try to increase my strength or toughness
{Learning:4} You practice for some time, but it will take more than this to improve.

Jamuk
Jamuk emerges from nearby junk pile!{Luck:3} He doesn't seem dangerous, so only Org attacks him trying to "practice strength"{Dodge:4}
After some running, playing dead and such, you introduce yourself, tell your story and are allowed to join the group.

{Background:3} Nothing happens for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cave:A big hall where everybody is for now (except Vaiolis). It is kept bright by glowing fungi. There are some cages, mostly broken.
Near the wall is a junk pile. Near the exit are two goblin bodies, one without a head.
Tunnel: A tunnel leading to and from the prison cave. Currently unexplored.

This turn is poorly done, so please point out any mistakes (wheter grammar or otherwise)

Also, please don't try to make more artifact making actions as they won't succed. Two is enough for now...

Kel: Don't try to throw this artifact away because you can't. Following the next turn you will start to wear it (if you think it's cursed you may be right, because it has power over you). You will suffer heavy melancholy (suicide preventing rolls will be in place). Also once in a while other players will also suffer dodge rolls because of melancholy. Have a nice day  ;D. If you will treat this artifact with care you might even explore his other secrets. Oh yeah, and you can cause melancholy in your enemies as a free action  ;)

Down:Don't even think about it
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:55:06 am by Rooster »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2009, 02:27:24 pm »

I enter a mood to create a shoota!

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2009, 02:38:39 pm »

I grab some of the fungus and use it as light as I peer down the tunnel.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

I enter a mood to create a shoota!

Also, please don't try to make more artifact making actions as they won't succed. Two is enough for now..

Might want to change you action there, Org.

I'm gonna wear my helmet (if I wasn't already), wield my crossbow, and take pot-shots at the fungus, attempting to dislodge some.
Mouser will remain watchful for further enemies.

Note: As a master bone carver, I could stay here for several more turns, churning out armor piece after armor piece, but it would quickly get boring and a rock might fall on my head. So I won't be doing that.

If anybody else would like some bone armor, however, let me know, and I'll try to get to it. I'm currently accepting work orders.  ;D
But you'll have to provide me with the material. Megabeast or similarly epic remains preferred.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:49:14 pm by rickvoid »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »

Woops...thanks rick

i attempt to make a shoota.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2009, 04:21:41 pm »

Woops...thanks rick

i attempt to make a shoota.

No prob.  :)

Edit: So, lets do something very few RTD players ever do: Stratagise.
Assuming Org succeeds at his roll, that means we will have 2 ranged attackers (myself, Org), 2 wizard-likes (Vaiolis, Webadict), 2 smashy (SombreChapaeu, Org), an Alchemist (SHADOWdump), a feckin' rouge (Jamuk), and Epic-Fail-Emo-Kid (Kel).  ;D We also have my Mouser, assuming Epic-Fail-Emo-Kid doesn't try to use him as artifact material again. *Glares*

I recommend we continue following the paths the dice have laid out for us. I'll try practicing this round (will edit post in a minute) with my crossbow, maybe try and get us some of that fungus as a light source.

Anybody else up for some planning?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 05:25:58 pm by rickvoid »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2009, 05:02:29 pm »

I am! I should probably get some more practice in as well. I've also decided not to specialize never mind, I will specialize.

So, for this turn, I will create a sparkling ice crystal on the ceiling of the hallway, in hopes that it will refract what little light is present and make things much easier to see.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2009, 05:23:00 pm »

Whoops! Sorry SHADOW! Kel is EFEK, not you.
Will fix, and find a better spot for you on my list.

:-[

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2009, 05:24:11 pm »

Hey, I can also smash some peoples faces in.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2009, 05:25:35 pm »

Hey, I can also smash some peoples faces in.

Yeah, I forgot about your spiked punches. Will add you to the smashy list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2009, 08:26:07 pm »

Hmm... I'm assuming artifacts are beyond the scope of my powers of decreating, so I casually remember that I'm holding a sword, thereby creating one!

I'll get the knack of this universe modification thing.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2009, 11:26:12 pm »

Lezzee...

Not strong enough?

I attempt to learn how to make a strength potion,preferably by making one right now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23