Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Escape the dungeon Turn 28 - The end  (Read 25312 times)

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roosters RTD - Escape the dungeon Turn 3
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 06:24:14 pm »

This will make for a weird roll but I'll roll it  :o

You better pray that Sombre will fail or we will have buckets of awesomeness

Fixed that for ya.

I'll see if I can wake up the unconscious man. As a free action, I order my Mouser to keep watch for further approaching enemies.

And I can't believe I actually remembered that thing. Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles for the win!  ;D

I reject orgs reality and substitute my own, waking up and taking the chain from my neck, combining it with a saw and making a chainsaw.

I think you meant webadict, there.

no I meant orgs, just so he doesn't get a crossbow, and then by substituting my own reality in there anyway I get to keep my chain.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »

I take my new found SHARP pointy stick, and begin to loot the corpses of the dead goblins, searching for anything useful, in the way of armor, weapons, even shiny baubles.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 06:55:48 pm »

This will make for a weird roll but I'll roll it  :o

You better pray that Sombre will fail or we will have buckets of awesomeness

Fixed that for ya.

I'll see if I can wake up the unconscious man. As a free action, I order my Mouser to keep watch for further approaching enemies.

And I can't believe I actually remembered that thing. Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles for the win!  ;D

I reject orgs reality and substitute my own, waking up and taking the chain from my neck, combining it with a saw and making a chainsaw.

I think you meant webadict, there.

no I meant orgs, just so he doesn't get a crossbow, and then by substituting my own reality in there anyway I get to keep my chain.

Ah, so you're the unconscious guy?
I clearly need to pay more attention.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 07:49:31 pm »

Small request for future updates,might you include the area details for convenience?

Action:I proceed to nose around in the junk pile,looking for materials to assemble a light-weight bakers oven that can be carried with me anywhere I go and used to bake delicious treats and deadly ones as well!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2009, 06:22:05 am »

Sure why not?

TURN 4!

Vaiolis
Ah well. I'd better continue practicing! I attempt to create icy armor for myself!
Being so small, I'd better make myself at least a little extra protection, or else my journey might end because of a boot.
{Wizardry:4} You gather as much energy as you can and form a block of ice that floats around you (after you dodge you get another roll if you failed. If the second dodge roll is succesfull, the shield is destroyed).After a while you notice it is shaped like a bee!
{Wizardry:2}{Learning:6} You succesfully learn "ice shield" spell!

webadict
I point out that the chain around the man's neck does not exist, thereby freeing him!
{Power:4} You disintegrate the chain! {Improvement:4} You don't learn anything new.

Org
I create a repeater crossbow from nearby junk
Seeing rickvoid's new shiny toy you start creating your own.{Result:1} It is indeed junk!
You cut your finger with it!{Toughness:3} It's nothing serious.

SombreChapaeu
{LoL?:4}{Waking up:2} Surely something would happen if you would be awake...

rickvoid
I'll see if I can wake up the unconscious man. As a free action,
I order my Mouser to keep watch for further approaching enemies.
{Result:6} Sobre wakes up and starts searching nearby junk pile, but he cannot find any saws and he notices that his chain is gone. Mouser starts guarding the entrance.

Kel the Oblivious
I take my new found SHARP pointy stick, and begin to loot the corpses of the dead goblins, searching for anything useful, in the way of armor, weapons, even shiny baubles.
{Luck:5} You find one mace and one dagger, but suddenly something catches your eye. It's a healing potion! You don't pick the weapons up, because you prefer your spear.{Learning:5} You feel like having luck for finding treasure!

SHAD0Wdump
I proceed to nose around in the junk pile,looking for materials to assemble a light-weight bakers oven that can be carried with me anywhere I go and used to bake delicious treats and deadly ones as well!
{Luck:3}You don't find anything of interest.

{Background:4} Nothing happens

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cave:A big hall where everybody is for now. It is kept bright by glowing fungi. There are some cages, mostly broken.
Near the wall is a junk pile. Near the exit are two goblin bodies, one without a head.
Tunnel: A tunnel leading to and from the prison cave. Currently unexplored.

Uneventfull turn, huh?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 07:12:05 am »

I experiment with the local glowing fungi,testing out resulting recipes on some rats.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 08:17:16 am »

I take the dagger anyways, for utility purposes, and whip myself in a macabre mood, using the depression spawned by being deep in a dank, smelly, claustrophobic cave to fuel it, and proceed to turn the two goblin corpses into a suit of armor!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:15:33 am by Kel the Oblivious »
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2009, 09:45:41 am »

I ask the man about him and what he knows.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 10:02:30 am »

I'd never even thought of that. ICY BEEEES! Or, no, wait. BEEEES!

Well, I might as well start leading the way! I shall go through the entrance, keeping to the wall in hopes of my small form being nice and stealthy. Oh, I'll also try to keep my ice bee shield from moving and hide it behind me, so if there are any things up ahead, they won't notice it.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »

I'm going to try and carve a nice bone helmet from that headless goblin's... head.
As my free action, mouser will follow Vaiolis as backup.

I'd like to give Mouser his secondary artifact name, "The Annoyance of Gnawing" (or biting if there isn't a dwarf word for that) but my Dwarf-language skills are weak. Anybody else (even just watching this, and not playing) have any idea?

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 02:40:46 pm »

The Rodent of Artifice?

The Nibbling Mechanism?

The Clockwork Squeak?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 05:39:34 pm »

The Rodent of Artifice?

The Nibbling Mechanism?

The Clockwork Squeak?

Oh thank god the boards are finally back up.

Anyway, I actually meant naming it Mouser Dwarfword1Dwarfword2, "The Something of Something Else", with the dwarf words being primarily what I was looking for.

Dwarf versions of The Annoyance of Gnawing or any of the ones you just suggested would be great.

Edit: Okay, here's what I've got:
Mouser AtemBerim, "Rodent of Artifice".

And that was a pain in the butt. Atem actually means rat, but artifice is correct.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:15:56 pm by rickvoid »

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 06:37:34 pm »

I attempt to level up and improve my punching by pummeling a wall to death.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 07:38:37 pm »

I try to increase my strength or toughness

Jamuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2009, 08:19:44 pm »

Still taking characters? If you are I'd take a kobold with a missing arm named Sarvish that is hidden under the pile of junk unconscious.  Has a knack for faking his own death/playing dead/making sure he's not the center of attention.  By default he stays back from any fighting and tries to be inconspicuous.  If someone does start to attack him he'll try to dart around other people to cause confusion or if cornered will try to take a nonlethal hit and then fall limp and play dead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23