Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: A good free MMORPG that doesn't suck balls.  (Read 27188 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: A good free MMORPG that doesn't suck balls.
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:45 pm »

Unless they improved the game's cost it will probably only make me sit there staring at it for a few hours wishing I could play :P

Just looked, and apparently they did reduce the price to the oh-so-popular 15 dollars USD per month. Hmm... nah, probably still won't play. Just not enough money to go around these days. Now, if they made it 10...
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »

Wait, isn't Paranoia being released as D20 these days?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2009, 06:57:39 pm »

By D20 I merely meant the generic fantasy based worlds and other simplistic worlds. The only MMORPG I can think of that isn't fantasy based is The Matrix Online, which I don't even know if its still up. There are several space based MMOs but those tend to be ship to ship stuff.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2009, 06:59:36 pm »

By D20 I merely meant the generic fantasy based worlds and other simplistic worlds. The only MMORPG I can think of that isn't fantasy based is The Matrix Online, which I don't even know if its still up. There are several space based MMOs but those tend to be ship to ship stuff.

Anarchy Online?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »

Bioware's making a Star Wars MMO.  Bioware and Star Wars seem to do well together, I think it'll be good, but I know nothing about it except something about a droid.  If it's the evil droid from KotOR, I'm sold.
Shoes...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2009, 09:37:50 pm »

As a fan of the KOTOR series, let me say that I hate the Star Wars MMO, so meh. Might be great, but the series is drifiting away from my interests, so it's alright.

The evil droid you're talking about is HK-47, and he has a cameo in that first Star Wars MMO. But personally, I'm a fan of Kreia, that stupid Mary Sue.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2009, 12:26:07 am »

As a fan of the KOTOR series, let me say that I hate the Star Wars MMO, so meh. Might be great, but the series is drifiting away from my interests, so it's alright.

The evil droid you're talking about is HK-47, and he has a cameo in that first Star Wars MMO. But personally, I'm a fan of Kreia, that stupid Mary Sue.

The Star Wars MMO that's out now is not realted to KOTOR in any way shape or form (besides the fact they are both Star Wars games). The new game, The Old Republic, will be an online installment of KOTOR, right down to the storydriven gameplay and NPC party members who stick with you.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2009, 09:59:31 am »

There's a Star Trek one on the horizon too...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2009, 12:21:32 pm »

Tilla: I know, but I still going to hate the second TOR game very much so. I plainly don't like MMOs. That's just a fact. PvP MMOs I hate less, but I still hate them.

...NPC party members? Is each party going to have 6 clones of the whiny Carth Osani? Or are the NPCs randomly generated?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2009, 04:15:40 pm »

I don't think I'd ever play the old republic game that Bioware is making. The whole 'party members in an mmo' thing reminds me a bit too much of a game I used to play, granada espada, that also used that. Walking into a town square and seeing a dozen other copies of the same npc walking around as party members to different players made for...less then immersive gameplay in my opinion, whatever Bioware says it will be like, plus all the charcter models seem to be about as anatomically correct as a barbie doll, yech. On the subject of GOOD FREE online mmos, I'd say the pickings are pretty slim, closest I have seen was a mud based on the wheel of time series.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2009, 04:58:42 pm »

I've never found a good free MMO.  Stopped looking after a while.  I'm just sticking to the good non-free MMO City of Heroes/Villains.

Grinding, to a certain extent, but the first...15 or so levels out of 50 are extremely fast, and the rest are rather fast.  Most customization I've ever seen allowed in an MMO, with the character creator allowing extreme customization of the appearance of your character and the rewards for many things being more stuff to make your character look awesome.  And the major update coming soon that will add a mission editor.

Missions get a bit repetitive after a while, especially the newspaper/police radio missions.  However, the plot is nice, it's all a Nemesis plot, and the developers listen to the players.  Plus, the developers have a...good sense of humor.

...wait, what happened to the topic?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2009, 05:12:18 pm »

I've never found a good free MMO.  Stopped looking after a while.  I'm just sticking to the good non-free MMO City of Heroes/Villains.

Grinding, to a certain extent, but the first...15 or so levels out of 50 are extremely fast, and the rest are rather fast.  Most customization I've ever seen allowed in an MMO, with the character creator allowing extreme customization of the appearance of your character and the rewards for many things being more stuff to make your character look awesome.  And the major update coming soon that will add a mission editor.

Missions get a bit repetitive after a while, especially the newspaper/police radio missions.  However, the plot is nice, it's all a Nemesis plot, and the developers listen to the players.  Plus, the developers have a...good sense of humor.

...wait, what happened to the topic?
I used to play it. I think I'm a 6 months vet or something. Too much grindy for me and past level 35, it requires most time I'm willing to give. PLus I have enough level 50s. I think the power sets are too limiting. Champions online will be better on that aspect.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »

What do you guy's think of Player-run economies?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2009, 06:06:17 pm »

That assumes that the players know anything about economies and how to run them well. Or that it is well made so we can't screw it up too bad.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »

I remember back in that boring spaceship game... whatsitcalled....
Nevermind.
But we did have the equivilant of a "Credit Crisis", in which all of the anti-matter shells plummeted in price.

(The antimatter shell is the prime trade good of most people who specialize in "Supply and Demand")
Boy... that was hell.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14