Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manorcurled The Fortress On The Watery Edge  (Read 781 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Manorcurled The Fortress On The Watery Edge
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:38 pm »

We few dwarves from the great exodus trudged on to the eastern sea,our souls jumped as we saw the beautiful beach but then we saw the ashes and the charred bodies of the human ferrymen,then our souls shrank, several of our group went mad right there.I had to watch my father and my mother die while the rest of the Dwarves start squabbling over what to do,I while this was happening, befriended the only people with weapons that survived the attack of the Snakemen, the miners.Because of their intimidating stature and loyalty, I made the dwarves to follow the shores to the east until they saw the Points of Crewing, then I told the wagon and the 7 remaining dwarves to wait while the miners dig out a stockpile,but I told them to be ready because the ice that held the sea at bay might melt at anytime.We waited until they gave the already,while I was carrying the food in I glanced at the encroaching sea and saw that It was encroaching on the mountainside.I hurried along at a faster rate.We finally got the food into the mountain and we also got the wood form the wagon into the mountain the miners carved out a place were we could rest up form that experience. but the other 5 rushed back to the wagon to get personal possessions but then the water broke through the reservoir of ice and engulfed the wagon and almost killed me and the 2 farmers ,we lost some of our food and a bit of wood.But we didn't die.The miners didn't hear the roar of the wave hitting the mountain and continued mining my hopes were almost dashed.But like all dwarves i have a hope we can survive against the treacherousness of the sea and the harshness of the queen.
(OOC:This is a community fortress the point is to survive without trading until  10 years and this is also a succession game.We have 2 miners,1 carpenter,3 farmers and one Trader which is my characther.)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manorcurled The Fortress On The Watery Edge
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:16:08 pm »

I'll claim a miner

Name: Vieto
profession: miner
bio: was a miner for the mountainhomes, and accepted the role of a miner for this trek due to rumours of wealth for those who venture out.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Manorcurled The Fortress On The Watery Edge
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:55:06 pm »

(OOC :I thought this was dead as dirt.But Ummkay)
3rd of granite,205
The situation looked dire as the miners were constructing the bridge to the place were the wagon was but after a few days they completed the bridge and the rest of us who where thirsty and hungry we rushed into the rough-hewn food stockpile and gobbled down the food as fast as we could.I ordered the entrance to be made more secure.
9th of granite,205
I have planned out the Meeting hall,the stockpiles,the main tunnel,and the workshops.Vieto with augusto started mining the areas out with his friend they worked as fast as they could,then after a while they were done.I ordered a masons workshop to be made as well as a mechanics shop.We started trapping the entrance to the fortress.
15th of granite 205
Udil found a spare axe in the shoals and started cutting down trees to be made into charcoal and I'm sorta scared for him, he screams whenever he hits a tree, like a elf.
20th of granite 205
Vieto walked up to me today and said in a small voice "We've struck platinum." I told everyone about it and we drank and partied and it seems someone locked the other miner in the suspension cell for a while on accident.
25th of granite 205
I turned the Ore into a few bars with the help of the charcoal Udil made.I hope they'll be of use in the future.
30th of granite
I noticed something moving up in the Mountain,I noticed his beard which had a red tinge and his eyes were yellow.I threw a rock at him and he  ran away.Then I heard Vieto curse beside me.It seems whatever come up does come down,because the rock hit him right in the top of his bald head.But back on track I hope that wasn't a spy for the Queen.My back still hurt from the last set of hammerings.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."