Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29171 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 32 Endgame, DF style!
« Reply #405 on: May 15, 2009, 02:43:38 pm »

School is out!  Summer is here!  The GM can work!  And everyone who's not attacking is failing miserably :(.  I'll have the rolls up within an hour or two.

Oh, and the dice still hate Org.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:32:47 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 15, 2009, 04:18:15 pm »

Well, turns out the attackers failed miserably too.  Bad turn all round, but you do get a slight reprieve.  Note: as stated before, you have to successfully seal the demons in order to win.  Sombre needs to come back too for the team to win.  +2 morale to the next action for the first person to report an error.

Strife26’s Zefies - | The zefies attempt to mobilize, in preparation for a march on the demon hoards, but they are attacked before preparations are fully underway by a group of roaming frog demons.  The scattered military units are badly hit, and the zefie military is crippled.  Morale suffers slightly.

Economy – 7
Technology – 8
Military – 13.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 14 – 4(+2/turn)(ACT)
Population – 9.5 + 0.3(MRL) = 9.8
Infrastructure – 10
Morale – 6 – 1(+1/turn)
Bonus : Highways : May add a temporary .5 to ECON or MIL for any turn.  Use of bonus must be stated.

Emperor_Jonathan’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah, attempting to mobilize their military, are also attacked by the demon hoards.  The frog demons take a small toll on the infantry, which was prevented establish a defensive position.  The glider corps, however, remain untouched and ready for war. |  Noticing the Starforger’s desperate attack on the demon-held mine, and reciving the emissary's call to aid, the gliders move out, ready to do battle. (+7.5 to Starforger’s attack)

Economy – 9.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.6
Technology – 8
Military – 13 – 2(+1/turn)(ACT)
Population – = 8 + 1.2 (MRL) = 9.2
Infrastructure – 9.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.7
Morale – 6 – 1(INF) = 5 + 2(-2/turn)
Bonus: Conquerors : +1 to military actions that are already successful

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basanians start to moblilize their armies.  However, due to the urban sprawl that is a Basinian 1-story city, it will take them some time before they are all gathered and completely ready for war.  A small defensive perimeter is set up, but the demons could break it easily before all the armies are gathered.

Economy – 6.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6.6
Technology – 6
Military – 10 + 1(ACT) + 0.1(Draft) = 11.1 – 1(+1/turn)
Population – 7.4 + 0.2(MRL)-0.1(Draft) = 7.5
Infrastructure – 7.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7.6
Morale – 6
Bonus: Draft (ON). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned back off.
Bonus: Heavy Tourism : +1 to defense against any player civilization

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The orks, though ravaged and destitute, successfully being the enormous task of re-arming their military, and preparing them for battle. | Though hearing about the Starforger-led attack on the demons, the orks, angry at the world for reducing them to their current situation, violently refuse the emissaries.  In doing this, they both anger the rest of the world, and reduce the morale of the attacking army, knowing that their (former) friends have abandoned them (-4 to Starforgers morale for this turn only).  The orks then take their scattered military, and move against the Zaniah in an act of foolish revenge.  The Zaniah are forced to pull their demon-fighting troops back to take care of the pesky orks (Zaniah’s bonus does not go through).

Economy – 6.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6.6
Technology – 6
Military – 5 – 4(+1/turn)
Population – 4
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 5 – 2(+1/turn)
Detriment : Hated : +1 for players attacking this civilization

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers attempt to force the demons back into the mine.  However, the untested magical soldiers prove to be completely useless on the battlefield.  The demons also appear to be somewhat resistant to this type of magic.  The Starforgers are forced to retreat, with no practically damage done to the demons, and a devastated military.

Economy- 7
Tech- 5
Military- 7 – 4(+1/turn)
Pop- 4.7 + 0.6(MRL) = 5.3
Infastructure – 6.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6.6
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) = 6 - 2(+1/turn) + 1(-1/turn)

Sombre Chapaeu – (No Action)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

BEEES – The bees find a way around the roots, and attack Sombre again | like the hounds of hell! | Their aim is true, | but the BEEE’s stinger breaks harmlessly against the mithril breastplate.

Demon Army – The demon army turns its attention to the Bronze Colossi! | The frog demons which have been so detrimental to the other nations prove to be nothing compared to the sheer size and strength of the bronze colossi.  They are easily fended off, and in a display of great military might, the Colossi force them all the way back to the mine entrance.  The bronze colossi stand guard over the gaping hole in the ground, and the demons are forced to re-think their strategy (Demons won’t attack next turn, but they will still grow).

And just for the record:
Cloisteredsyrup’s Bronze Colossi – (No Action)  The Bronze Colossi stand guard over the mine entrance, protecting the world from the raging demons...for a time.

Economy – 6
Technology – 6
Military – 10.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 10.9
Population – 8.3 + 0.8(MRL) = 9.1
Infrastructure – 9
Morale – 6 - 1(INF) + 1(-1/turn)
Bonus: Extreme Training: +0.25 when attacking

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 15, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »

Oh, and the dice still hate Org.
I don't fully understand the Orks' turn. Do the not-so-hidden fun things get to attack twice or something?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!
« Reply #408 on: May 15, 2009, 05:01:42 pm »

Yeas

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 15, 2009, 05:10:36 pm »

Org tried to support the attack on the demons, and got a -17 failure.  This resulted in all kinds of havoc.  I'll probably re-do the support system for next turn, and not make it directly against the enemy's military.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:13:40 pm by Frelock »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 15, 2009, 06:02:45 pm »

The Starforgers realize that, in order to seal the demons back into the ground, we will require demon-sealing technology, so we'll get the researchers right on that.

The scryers will examine the demons, and we'll relay information to the other civilizations about their actions.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2009, 11:45:21 pm »

Clear zefie land of hostiles, we need a one-front war.
I use the bonus too.

Must be nice to be done with school. 13 days left for me.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2009, 12:03:21 am »

The bronze colossi forced all the demons back into the mine.  There are none on Zefie territory.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 16, 2009, 12:06:52 am »

Fortify the outside of the mine as quickly as possiblr.

Make plans to destroy the entrence underneath rock.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2009, 01:16:45 pm »

So we've got 2 actions...  Should I just let this die?

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:07 am »

2/3 of the infantry and 1/3 of the glider troops go forth and help fortify the entrance to the demon mine, to fend off an attack. 1/3 of the infantry and 2/3 of the glider troops go and finish off the orks.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 23, 2009, 10:57:37 am »

I will march my somewhat mobilized army to the demon caves, and the main infantry will set up a defensive perimeter around the cave's entrance. At the same time, a handful of magical ninjas will go into the cave and do some scouting.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]