Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29179 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 29. Where'd they all go?
« Reply #375 on: April 18, 2009, 12:36:10 am »

The zefies start building up around ant colony one, with the purpose of heavy mining.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2009, 06:37:34 pm »

Sorry for the delay; a camping trip combined with lab report and 2 tests does not leave for much free time.  Navian, you're welcome back within the next few turns.  If you fail to return, your spot will go to the first person on the waiting list.

Rise of Civilizations is under new management, but back in force.  We'll see how this goes.

Emperor_Jonathan’s Zaniah – | A close inspection of ant colony 1’s hive reveals some new type of food which can be grown underground, without sunlight.  If a large cave system can be found, this could greatly increase the food production of the Zaniah.  Also found were some odd farming tools.

Economy – 9
Technology – 7 + 1(ACT) = 8
Military – 13
Population – = 6.5 + .2 (MRL) = 6.7
Infrastructure – 8
Morale – 6

R1ck’s Basinians – | Large libraries are constructed in all the Basinian cities, and literacy flourishes.  People learn to love this new national pastime which is further encouraged by the mandatory “reading quota” of 2 books a week.  Some skate around this restriction by reading children’s books such as Ork and Pork, but most get a good deal of learning out of it.  People are both very happy and intelligent.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5 + 1(ACT) = 6
Military – 9.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.8
Population – 5.3 + 0.8(MRL) = 6.1
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 8 – 1(INF) = 7 + 2(-1/turn)
Bonus: Draft (OFF). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned back on.

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks give quite a bit of Teef to the boss.  Soon, there isn’t enough Teef left for all the other orks.  This inspires them to make more teef, which goes into circulation without a problem.

Economy – 6.8 + 1.5(ACT) + 0.1 (Rounding)= 8.4
Technology –6
Military – 7 – 2(+1/turn)
Population – 5.8 + 0.2(MRL) = 6
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 6 – 1(INF) = 5

Strife26’s Zefies - | The zefies create a new mining colony at the old site of any colony 1.  Though technologically stripped by the Zaniah, there is still a very good quantity of ores around.  Apparently, the ants weren’t very big into mining metals.  A small town springs up around the entrance to the new mine.

Economy – 6
Technology – 8
Military – 13.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 13.7
Population –  8.2 + 0.5(MRL) = 8.7
Infrastructure – 9 + 1(ACT) = 10
Morale – 7

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Stargorgers used scrying magic to determine the location of strange new metals deep within the mountains.  Their miners work round the clock to dig down to some mysterious deposit that was found.  You’ve Struck Adamantine!  Praise the miners!  After a week of excavation, the once steady stream of ore out of the mine stopped.  No-one who entered after that point has returned, though numerous military expeditions have been sent.  The scryers cannot see anything due to some sort of interference from the adamantine.  Some near the entrance say they have heard drums in the night...

Economy- 5.8 + 1(ACT) + 0.1(Rounding)
Tech- 5
Military- 6.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7 – 3(+1/turn)
Pop- 4 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.1
Infastructure – 5
Morale – 6

Sombre Chapaeu – | You add runes of fire and earth to your axe.  The runes glow brighter when placed together.  There is something strange about this axe and the way the runes work together, but you can’t put your finger on it.  You now have an Elemental Axe. 

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – The Rodinians withdraw from the world on land, and no civilization knows what they're doing...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:09:28 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2009, 06:59:04 pm »

A good start for our new GM, I'd say. And I'm not just saying that because I actually succeeded for once.

Anyways as to the game:
Noting that the population is ever-rising to never before seen levels, and also noting that constructing two or more story buildings is and always will be illegal in Basinia, I will have a series of tunnels dug underneath the capital that will function as a habitat for millions of citizens.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »

The Zaniah begin to dig out a large underground cave system to grow this new food in.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 30. New Leadership!
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2009, 06:03:38 pm »

We still need Navian (if he's coming back), shoruke, org, Strife, and Sombre Chapaeu.

Was it that bad?

Well, I did forget Shoruke's action, but it's added now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:06:13 pm by Frelock »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2009, 06:43:49 pm »

Da Boss kallz foar som tinkin'!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 22, 2009, 09:02:02 pm »

The Starforgers seal the mine back up (all of the ore IS out of it, right?), and hold a celebration over the insects' defeat! (With a few adamantine decorations)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CloisteredSyrups

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2009, 06:28:41 am »

I would advise the Zefies create a new trade road between the capital and this new mining town, for an Economy Bonus.
Wolves tore off my adventurer's limbs, and you are reminded of pokemon?

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2009, 12:46:38 pm »

I go... BEEE hunting

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:54 pm »

Strife's the only one missing.  Cloistered, you can take over for Navian if you'd like.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:28 am »

Oops. What Syrup said.

I would advise the Zefies create a new trade road between the capital and this new mining town, for an Economy Bonus.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

CloisteredSyrups

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 25, 2009, 08:15:25 am »

Sure I guess, but if Navian comes back soon it's all his.

Barring Navian's official statement...

-----

The Colossi begin intensive research into the properties of Colossi Bronze, particularly it's reaction to other metals, in the hope of improving their knowledge of metallurgy, chemistry, geology and Colossi medicine all at once.

+Tech bonus action.
Wolves tore off my adventurer's limbs, and you are reminded of pokemon?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 31
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2009, 04:45:21 pm »

Well, generally poor rolls failed to deter some of you, and overall, you guys did well.  Rolls were 4,4,3,3,2,2,1.  If there's any errors in here, shout 'em, out.

R1ck’s Basinians – | Construction begins on the great tunnel system in the Basinians’ capital.  This works out very well, as the rock underneath is both stable, yet easy to dig through.  These new facilities will provide living space for hundreds of Basanians, and the surface was barely scratched.

Economy – 5
Technology – 6
Military – 9.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 9.9
Population – 6.1 + 0.7(MRL) = 6.8
Infrastructure – 6 + 1.5(ACT) = 7.5
Morale – 7 + 1(-1/turn)
Bonus: Draft (OFF). May convert 0.1 pop/turn into 0.1 MIL/turn as a free action. It will remain in the current state until turned back on.

Emperor_Jonathan’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah begin digging in order to create new farmland for the new crops.  Whilst tunneling down, they stumble upon an existing, natural cave system.  The area is quite large, and with a little importation of mud from above, crop planting begins in earnest.  Due partly to the moist environment of the cave system, the crops do very well.

Economy – 9
Technology – 8
Military – 13
Population – = 6.7 + .2 (MRL) = 6.9
Infrastructure – 8 + 1.5(ACT) = 9.5
Morale – 6 + 2(INF) = 8

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The ork boss calls for more thinkin.  Unfortunately, the head thinky boy thinks too hard, and his head starts to hurt.  It might take him a while to recover...

Economy – 8.4
Technology – 6 – 2(+1/turn)(ACT)
Military – 7 – 1(+1/turn)
Population – 6
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 5

(No, you didn't get out all the adamentine.  There was still some to interfere with your scryers, wasn't there?)
Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers seal up the entrance to the old mine with a wall of stone.  Then, they hold a huge party with adamantine decorations everywhere.  People drink late into the night.  The next morning, they wake up to find that quite a few of their possessions have been stolen from them whilst they were drunk!  The thieves are unknown, and among the stolen items are a few adamantine trinkets.  Still, everyone is very pleased with how the party turned out.

Economy- 6.9 + .1(Rounding) = 7 -2(+1/turn)(ACT)
Tech- 5
Military- 7 – 2(+1/turn)
Pop- 4.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.2
Infastructure – 5
Morale – 6 + 3(+1/turn)(ACT)

(Technically, a road should go towards infrastructure, but I’ll give you an economy bonus this time.)
Strife26’s Zefies - | The zefies begin to build a road between their capital and the new mining colony.  The work goes so easy, that they decide to build highways between all major settlements.  A new spiderweb of roadways goes up, all well paved, with traveler’s inns at appropriate intervals.  Trade flourishes, and the military sees the value in quick transportation.

Economy – 6 + 1.5(ACT) = 7.5
Technology – 8
Military – 13.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 13.8
Population –  8.7 + 0.5(MRL) = 9.2
Infrastructure – 10
Morale – 7 – 1(INF) = 6
Bonus : Highways : May add a temporary .5 to ECON or MIL for any turn.  Use of bonus must be stated.

Cloisteredsyrup’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi investigate the properties of the material they know best: bronze.  Examining it, they find that the bronze which they are made of is not quite the same as the bronze which can be formed through simple metallurgy.  Nor is it tainted by any known magic.  The colossi scientists suggest that the metal is divine in origen.  All the colossi are quite taken with the notion that they were made by the gods themselves, and morale soars.  The scientists also discover several other uses and techniques for manipulating the “divine” bronze.

Economy – 6
Technology – 5 + 1(ACT)
Military – 10.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 10.8 – 1(+1/turn)
Population – 8.3 + 0.2(MRL) = 8.5
Infrastructure – 9
Morale – 6 + 2(-1/turn)(ACT)
Bonus: Extreme Training: +0.25 when attacking

Sombre Chapaeu – |  You go out hunting for the elusive BEEES.  After weeks of travelling, you find a large jungle, and enter.  After several hours of fruitless searching, you find what you think is a trail of a BEEE.  You follow it, spotting out easily where the broken twigs in the braches are.  After two days of tracking, the trail ends.  You're in a narrow canyon, with no way out save the way you came in.  The trunks of the trees are too high above you to see; all the wood around you is the roots.  It's dark, just the way BEEES like it.  Suddenly, you hear a faint buzzing behind you.  You realize that you've crossed the boarder into the United Scary Spooky Roots.  And in the USSR, the BEEES hunt You!

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:09:09 pm by Frelock »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »

You've learned my obscure rules well, but you seem to have forgotten SombreChapaeu's status in your last turn.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2009, 05:45:37 pm »

I will try to start up a tourism industry in Basinia in order to boost the economy. Among the attractions featured will be our magnificent granary statues, our advanced aquaduct systems, and our extensive libraries and theaters.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28